• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Meanwhile in London....

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
No, of course not, although they are not requiring large amounts of police to patrol nor do they seem to be destroying public property.

Do you have a point? This wasnt an organised event.
It was the same at every beach public space around the country on the bank holiday weekends. I suppose it's ok then that they didn't destroy public property or require large amounts of police. The point I'm making is that there are certain posters on here that are decrying the marchers for breaking Covid19 rules but not saying anything about other public gatherings.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It was the same at every beach public space around the country on the bank holiday weekends. I suppose it's ok then that they didn't destroy public property or require large amounts of police. The point I'm making is that there are certain posters on here that are decrying the marchers for breaking Covid19 rules but not saying anything about other public gatherings.

No it wasn't....and stop starting so many of your comments with 'so'. It demonstrates that you only come on here to argue a toss and people are getting sick of it and leaving the site because of it. I can categorically disprove your 'every beach' comment. Many Cornish beaches were very quiet incl. Fistral even on the hottest days. Some I walked along and the rest you can easily check on Webcams.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I don’t agree with the protesters and I don’t agree with the beach users, the young lads who nearly died the other day in Dorset are complete loons in my book.

At the moment in time I speaking individually to about 20 people a day who are either shielding or are at a very high risk of not surviving if they caught Covid, not only are these people worried about the recklessness of some, and the impact on but they are also worried that they may never be able to join normal society.

So personally I think anyone who breaks the rules, potentially spreading the virus further, because they think the rules don’t apply to them are being very selfish, whether that’s a few thousand protesters, a few hundred beach goers or anything similar.

Lockdown was never about your safety, it has always been about saving others.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Lockdown was never about the type of gathering whether that be deemed good or bad, essential or non essential it was about keeping us humans separated so the virus transmission routes were much reduced . Covid 19 doesn't care about the worthiness of your cause or the stupidity of your meeting, large clumps of people just make passage and infection vectors some much easier for the virus.
I am awaiting news, in about a fortnight, of a Covid infection spike in areas of recent large gatherings.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just read on a BBC forum that football 'firms' are planning to form up and protect various monuments around the UK (in places with protests organised this weekend). This happened in Norwich and Plymouth that I know of last weekend. If this initiative is true then I think this is an escalation by the far right to spice things up a bit....

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
I don’t agree with the protesters and I don’t agree with the beach users, the young lads who nearly died the other day in Dorset are complete loons in my book.

At the moment in time I speaking individually to about 20 people a day who are either shielding or are at a very high risk of not surviving if they caught Covid, not only are these people worried about the recklessness of some, and the impact on but they are also worried that they may never be able to join normal society.

So personally I think anyone who breaks the rules, potentially spreading the virus further, because they think the rules don’t apply to them are being very selfish, whether that’s a few thousand protesters, a few hundred beach goers or anything similar.

Lockdown was never about your safety, it has always been about saving others.

And that if anyone wants to argue is the right answer. However the mongs that our government are should have seen what was happening in Spain or Italy and shut the doors then. Not a month later. New Zealand is a Island like us. They stopped it. We have the second highest death total in the developed world.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And that if anyone wants to argue is the right answer. However the mongs that our government are should have seen what was happening in Spain or Italy and shut the doors then. Not a month later. New Zealand is a Island like us. They stopped it. We have the second highest death total in the developed world.
Erm, point of order.
We never shut the doors.
Even now, the 2 week quarantine being mooted is only down to trust, there's no monitoring involved.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I see they are boarding up the cenotaph this morning...not sure about any other statues. Also see that Baden Powell has had a reprieve. He's staying put pending more talks.

I get the distinct impression that if Universities were still operational there would be a lot less attending these protests...

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I wonder if, at any point, some of the protestors will stop to think that life is actually full of shades of grey and not really just good & bad. Some of the people whose statues are being targeted had full lives and, like everybody's, those lives were full of good and bad. Most of them lived in times when the morality and legality of many activities were very different from now. If you take down the statue of everybody who ever did things that, according to today's morality and law, were wrong then i suspect that every statue everywhere would have to come down. What should happen is an honest reappraisal of those lives and weigh up who did more good than bad. But that doesn't satisfy mobs or those whose university 'education' is based on silencing any view other than their own instead of thinking about things holistically.

Here's a question to illustrate the point - should the hymn Amazing Grace, well known and often used by gospel choirs still be remembered and sung? Look up the author John Newton (1725 - 1807) and make up your own mind.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It probably more a case of do you want to walk past something that offends you. They don’t offend me so I don’t care, however, these statues should only be taken down once a balanced decision has been made by interested parties, not by the mob.

A BLM activist was on the radio the other morning and despite being provided with strong evidence to suggest it was a premeditated act would not accept this and repeatedly stated it was a crime of the moment. Spray painting is a crime of the moment turning up with ropes, blocks and tackle is probably less so.

I would guess that they are expecting more statues to be removed so have taken precautions.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Right wing protestors throw bottles and let off smoke bombs at Police. They Stand in parliament Square near statue of Churchill and also at the Cenotaph and chant about Germany and give the nazi salute. Don't they see the irony in the Nazi salute.

Thug also urinated near memorial to PC Palmer

Quote.....

Hundreds of mostly white men gathered around the Cenotaph war memorial in Whitehall and the boarded-up statue of Winston Churchill in Parliament Square.

There were a number of clashes with police in riot gear as crowds - chanting "England" and raising their arms - surged towards lines of officers.

Some protesters managed to break metal barriers around the Cenotaph on Whitehall while hurling flag poles, a smoke flare and a traffic cone towards police who were striking them back with batons.

Large groups of right-wing protesters then moved to Trafalgar Square, where fireworks were thrown across the crowds.

From BBC

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
And anyone who takes a side is a bellend.

Spot on its not about sides. The simple fact that folk, from what ever camp, gathered in large groups and completely ignored any social distancing guidelines will, in all probability lead to more Covid cases/deaths in the forthcoming weeks. The virus has no allegiance to any side it only wishes to spread. Local lock down stage two beckons.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Seems strange that the BBC reported last weeks protest as mainly peaceful, despite the hospitalisation of quite a few coppers, yet this weekends protest has a different headline.

Cocks the lot of hem, by the way

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Without football matches these skinheads have no one to fight...so they found a way.

dctyke

Corporal
Question, if a serviceman on a pension goes to jail, whilst incarcerated do they still receive their pension?