• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Making RAF Ph2 Trainees complete Army 8 mile loaded tab to pass out of Ph2 training?

When RAF trainees have to complete Phase 2 training at a supposed 'Tri-service' training unit, also known as an Army barracks, what's the general consensus making say a 35-40 RAF Female who has recently joined (they have now increased the age limit to 47) have to complete an 8 mile loaded tab with 40lbs weight in order to pass out? This is for a non frontline role.

Sounds a bit dodge to me considering the much lower entry fitness requirements of especially older RAF females. I believe there was a case won a couple of years ago by some female recruits against Halton for pelvic damage where they were awarded over £100k each.

Is there service policy anywhere, RAF or Army which stipulates having to complete the 8 mile tab if your in the RAF?

Thanks.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don't think you'll find a factual answer here, plenty of anecdotal evidence though I'm sure.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone may have been in the know and could point me in the right direction. Will ask at work tomorrow see if anyone knows.

Cheers.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Least they won't have to endure the RAF Regt 5 miler of death :pDT_Xtremez_06:

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Least they won't have to endure the RAF Regt 5 miler of death :pDT_Xtremez_06:

Whoah! Stop there, everyone knows the RAF Regt are virtually Special Forces so less of that. Everyone knows how ‘special’ Penguin Sucks is.......

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone may have been in the know and could point me in the right direction. Will ask at work tomorrow see if anyone knows.

Cheers.

Usually there’s a build up to a tab as long as an 8 miler, especially with kit. Have recruits been doing that kind of exercise? The sad fact is that any unit enjoying the monicker ‘Tri-Service’ means run by the Army under Army rules and f**k the rest of you.

dkh51250

Sergeant
Will MOD (Army) pick up the tab for the subsequent court proceedings? Litigation seems to be doing pretty well out of the Queen these days.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Agree with the tri-service comment, I once had a long chit as I was recovering, only from long runs, the Major in Question had a real go at me and tried to pressure the medical centre as well.

Very bullying behaviour and more typical than not of the way the Army worked in my experience, compounded normally by weakness from RAF management to stand up for the lads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
At my Ph2 training establishment all 3 Services have to pass their respective fitness test, RAF and RN do not do the Tab unless they wish to do so.

I will check for the respective references to support this.

gray

Sergeant
At my Ph2 training establishment all 3 Services have to pass their respective fitness test, RAF and RN do not do the Tab unless they wish to do so.

I will check for the respective references to support this.

That's how it works here too.... might be different on a training establishment though.

Hasn't the Army test now changed to a functional test ? (Maybe it still includes the Tab but i don't know). Call up a friendly RAF PTI maybe ?

rocket scientist

Sergeant
My fitness test was run by Army PTI's at St. Athan a couple of times over the last few years and I definitely did the RAF beep test/sit ups/press ups.