• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lump sum question

StickyFingers

Sergeant
AFPS 15 is breaking my head.

You get an EDP lump sum paid immediately on discharge, but if you you commute you get an extra lump sum but it's at SPA and a reduced pension after that? You don't get any extra money at your discharge?

The AFPS 75 you can boost your Lump sum by commuting and get a "reduced" pension straight away

If you do not commute any AFPS 15, you'll need not get any lump sum at SPA just your increased pension?

Am I reading that right? I tried looking for this question if it's been asked before (I'm sure it must have) but all the three letter pension abbreviations bend my head, here's hoping we all go back to plain old 1 pension only when the government realises it was all illegal moving us onto AFPS 15

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
Join the FPS - best £40 ever, an IFA would charge £££'s.

When i got a pension forecast from the FPS, it was broken down into a table that explained (with real figures!) exactly what option would give what entitlement.