• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lump Sum and Pension date.

sumpy001

LAC
Anyone know how long it takes to receive your Lump sum and first pension payment? My exit date is 11 August this year.

Could only find posts about it from 3 years ago so was hoping for some newer info from recent leavers.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
I got my lump sum in with my last pay at the end of Sept 13. First Pension was on the 25 Oct 13, which is my pension payment date. I did everything as requested and nothing went wrong.

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Got my lump sum 15 days after discharge date about this time last year and my first pension payment was 25 days after discharge. Decide in advance where you want your tax free allowance your salary or pension as HMRC will decide. As soon as your pension is in payment you can phone them and have it changed if you need. I like to have my pension “tax free” because it keeps it a stable amount every month. For me this is because it goes into a separate account and I know how much is going to go in. My salary varies month to month due to overtime anyway so the tax fluctuations don’t matter so much to me.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Was that the regular payment date? Or just how it happened?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Equiniti Paymaster will tell you what the regular pension payment date will be and you pension will then always be paid on that date unless it falls at a weekend or public holiday. In that case it is paid the working day prior to the due date.

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
If you have taken out LSAP and are still paying it off take note of this thread regarding how they may/will recover some of the outstanding debt... unless things have changed somewhat in the past 11 years.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?14344-and-it-was-all-going-so-well!&highlight=LSAP

[/FONT]

sumpy001

LAC
Now I'm officially a civi here's an update. My last day in the RAF was the 11th August, I received my lump sum on the 28th August, final pay on the 30th of August and my pension started in the 10th of September.

foxOneFive

Corporal
Equiniti Paymaster, must be one of the best companies out there these days. never heard a bad word, been out now 15 years plus and the 55 year old thing was flawless also

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
The official line is that they have 30 working days to pay - but I am told that the average is about 20. The reason they give for the need for 30 working days is that AFPS 15 relies on knowing what 1/47th of pay is, and, if you leave just after a pay run, they will need to wait until your final pay run to start work.

Submitted ET in August, pension paperwork submitted in September (delayed by PSF faffing) and final day in RAF will be end of November. Should I expect lump sum be paid in final pay (end of November) and pension in December? Can't seem to get a straight answer from anywhere so hoping the wealth of knowledge on here can help.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Anyone know how long it takes to receive your Lump sum and first pension payment? My exit date is 11 August this year.

Could only find posts about it from 3 years ago so was hoping for some newer info from recent leavers.

If you have benefits in AFPS 15, MOD have 30 working days to get what you are entitled to in to payment. That is because AFPS 15 relies on 1/47 of pay and they need to see the final pay run before they can start work.

If you stayed in AFPS 75 or 05, things are simpler and they normally work to 30 calendar days.

Gster

LAC
Easy question (hopefully!), I filled in my PENS1 form on JPA and had it acknowledged on JPA. Is there a way that I can check if everything is progressing as normal? FYI Last day in RAF 28/11/19....

Submitted ET in August, pension paperwork submitted in September (delayed by PSF faffing) and final day in RAF will be end of November. Should I expect lump sum be paid in final pay (end of November) and pension in December? Can't seem to get a straight answer from anywhere so hoping the wealth of knowledge on here can help.

And the answer was ... lump sum received 3 weeks after exit date, then first full pension payment is expected on 7 Jan.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
If you have AFPS 15 benefits due (EDP?), the period can be up to 30 working days. If you have AFPS 75/05 only, the period is 30 calendar days.

sulky

SAC
left on the 9th Jan, still waiting. Called them today as im out in Saudi just to make sure everything is ok and is still processing. But he said that payment will be on or before 20 Feb.... so 6 weeks, basically because of the 75/15 and edp then

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
They would have to wait for the figures from the January pay run before starting on your calculation, Sulky. 20 Feb would be the worst case scenario.

sulky

SAC
so today is working day 20, still processing which it has been since i phoned nearly 3 weeks ago....i know they have 30 working days for the 75/15 pension but its still poop in this day that it takes so long

Last edited: