• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lowered TMES v Promotion

Age old questions:

1. if you have a perm lowered MES and still fit to deploy (fit rockport just can't do MSFT).
2. Lowered MES on a temp basis.

Can you still be promoted.....

Does anybody know the JSP or AP with regards to the topic; some light reading.....

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Relating to a couple of guys at our place.

1. Yes

2. Probably depends on your condition. Med board before promotion.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
A few years ago an Ops Assistant on my Sqn had spent almost two years downgraded and then when her offer of promotion arrived the fat cow suddenly managed to lose all her ailments that had prevented her from deploying anywhere hot apart from the tea bar.

Once she'd passed her courses and got signed on the niggles reappeared and then lo and behold she was downgraded again, leaving the other two to continue picking up every crap det going.

A few years ago an Ops Assistant on my Sqn had spent almost two years downgraded and then when her offer of promotion arrived the fat cow suddenly managed to lose all her ailments that had prevented her from deploying anywhere hot apart from the tea bar.

Once she'd passed her courses and got signed on the niggles reappeared and then lo and behold she was downgraded again, leaving the other two to continue picking up every crap det going.

Poor management - especially as she hadn't moved and they knew all about her history - should never have signed her off.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

This, once again, demonstrates the un-eveness of the medical downgrade system. For some, it appears to provide a system of flexiblity to help them do and get what they want, whilst for others, they become trapped in a never ending system of beauracracy which prevents them from doing anything.

1Referee

LAC
I got my 3rd in 09 having just been Aeromed back from a hot place.

My promotion signal was conditional on my regaining a usable MES and subject to a med board.

I have a permanent L2 and have has the odd 6 month DG since, as i'm getting old and things fall off!!!

However I have deployed OOA when my time has been due to both hot and cold places.

If managed and i use that word Carefully the system works, I kept my drafter informed all the way.

Hope that helps

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I got my 3rd in 09 having just been Aeromed back from a hot place.

My promotion signal was conditional on my regaining a usable MES and subject to a med board.

I have a permanent L2 and have has the odd 6 month DG since, as i'm getting old and things fall off!!!

However I have deployed OOA when my time has been due to both hot and cold places.

If managed and i use that word Carefully the system works, I kept my drafter informed all the way.

Hope that helps

L2 is a medical marker, right? Medical markers, (used to be G2 in old money) historically have been no bar to promotion. It's when the MES drops below that that the beauracracy kicks in.

stereolab

Station Cashier

Presumably her line management ensured she picked up all the other 2 individuals station duties while they were deployed.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I know of who you speak.... That doesnt surprise me one bit.... And it happens so often elsewhere as well..