• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Looks like I'm coming back

Tidge

LAC
Hi all,

So I'm coming back, I was a casualty of SDSR 2010 and left back in 2013 when my SSC ran out, I've spent 3 years in the Police and fancied coming back. I've had my provisional offer and waiting for my formal one to come. Should be back in blue in the new year

Tidge

dessp2

SAC
Hi all,

So I'm coming back, I was a casualty of SDSR 2010 and left back in 2013 when my SSC ran out, I've spent 3 years in the Police and fancied coming back. I've had my provisional offer and waiting for my formal one to come. Should be back in blue in the new year

Tidge

Whats SSC? Nice one by the way. Good luck.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Short Service Commission?

Frankly, it's a lot more laid back than it used to be. Providing you're OK with the money, it's actually a lot of fun.

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'd be interested to know what's prompted you to reapply for the RAF.
Was the police force that bad?

Ping

Tidge

LAC
I'd be interested to know what's prompted you to reapply for the RAF.
Was the police force that bad?

Ping

I wouldn't say it was bad, like all jobs there are good bits and bad bits. I think what it comes down to is everyday I drive around in police cars working with people who have always wanted to be in the police and that's all they have ever wanted to do. I on the other hand see it as a job, i'm not passionate about it and the vast majority of the time I don't feel like I'm helping people or giving people the attention that they deserve. Now that comes down to a whole host of reasons, but it's safe to say I'm looking to pull the ejector handle soon.

All I ever wanted to do as a kid is be in the Air Force, I may look through rose tinted spectacles but I loved my time in the Air Force and I want to get back to it.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Hi all,

Tidge

Obviously you didn't want to leave, but where you forced out

Mag2grid

Corporal
I wouldn't say it was bad, like all jobs there are good bits and bad bits. I think what it comes down to is everyday I drive around in police cars working with people who have always wanted to be in the police and that's all they have ever wanted to do. I on the other hand see it as a job, i'm not passionate about it and the vast majority of the time I don't feel like I'm helping people or giving people the attention that they deserve. Now that comes down to a whole host of reasons, but it's safe to say I'm looking to pull the ejector handle soon.

All I ever wanted to do as a kid is be in the Air Force, I may look through rose tinted spectacles but I loved my time in the Air Force and I want to get back to it.

TJF👍
Be prepared, it's nothing like when you left, I banged out a year after you at the end of an SSC, I'd never go back, regular now.