• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lockdown Part Two.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It seems that a lot of these spikes are caused by close under protected working or social environments and the number of increased cases is partially caused by increased testing, admissions to hospitals and deaths don’t seem to spike by the same amount.

The mass outdoor activities like the recent protests and the beach going doesn’t seem to have much of an impact so far.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Good God man, you cant say that here on the Tory Goat. They Gammon munchers will be out in force soon to remind us all that its ok, because once upon a time there was a dodgy Labour MP/Councillor.
Plus you'll get banned for going off topic despite the fact the gammon munchers do it all the time.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The mass outdoor activities like the recent protests and the beach going doesn’t seem to have much of an impact so far.

Is that true? Anecdotally, I'd agree but where are the hard facts?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
It seems that a lot of these spikes are caused by close under protected working or social environments and the number of increased cases is partially caused by increased testing, admissions to hospitals and deaths don’t seem to spike by the same amount.

So there was nothing wrong with us all going out protesting and partying despite all the soothsayers on here saying we're irresponsible

Nothing to worry about going to the pub on super Saturday

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Is that true? Anecdotally, I'd agree but where are the hard facts?
Here’s the data for London, cases normally take a week or two to reach hospitals, numbers continue to fall despite extra testing.

Latest data is still subject to change so the beach goers may have an impact, however, there’s been plenty of time since the protests for cases to spike, protests started end of May and peaked mid June.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Plus you'll get banned for going off topic despite the fact the gammon munchers do it all the time.
Feel free to open a new thread if thats what you want to discuss, which is what I think you’ve been asked to do quite a few times. hijacking all the other threads with the same argument is what we’d like you to stop. Just be careful not to defame or slander anyone now.

The Mods have a spread of political views and very rarely close down threads where open fair relevant discussion is taking place, no matter what the subject.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It’s perfectly clear unless you’re trying to be deliberately daft. Go out, distance, play the game, don’t be Cnut.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Gammon munchers

I was completely unaware of this term, it's something I've never heard before so I googled "Gammon munchers". Here's wiki's take on it

"Gammon is a pejorative popularised in British political culture since around 2012. In 2018, it became particularly known as a term to describe middle-aged white men, either on the political right or who supported Brexit. The term refers in particular to the colour of such a person's flushed face, especially when expressing their strong opinions, as compared to the type of pork of the same name. There has been considerable debate over whether the term is racist"

So now I know

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts

It wont because the virus primarily affects the old, fat & sick members of society. The % of folk who have had the disease and died that do not fall into these categories is very small.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
It wont because the virus primarily affects the old, fat & sick members of society. The % of folk who have had the disease and died that do not fall into these categories is very small.
Fomz is doomed then.

Last edited:

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
You're not wrong, but there's been plenty of time for the young protestors to pass it onto family who may not be so young, there would have also been some older protestors there.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Not forgetting the right-wing idiots fighting in London a few weeks ago as well of course.. or are they totally immune and blameless?
Didn't mention the type of protestors earlier, all idiots in my book.

Now if we had a large antivac protest that would be interesting a couple of weeks later...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No one should have been protesting or fighting...the virus doesn't discriminate.