• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Let's Talk About It...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
So England lost in their opening match....

Were they unlucky?

Did they give an honest report of themselves?

Should they have rented their suits rather than purchased for the time they'll need them?

I'm no expert but the team looked unbalanced and restricted...the ball didn't seem to flow like it did at the Italian feet...our players took 3-4-5 touches whilst they took 1-2 and aside from one moment where two England players forgot team orders and showed some attacking flair to score we lacked teeth up front...I enjoyed watching Stewart play but another tactic seemed to be 'get him the ball at every opportunity' and he soon got pinned down in the second half.

Finally Rooney...it's time to let him go as he just doesn't cut it at the highest level and mostly never has.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
First half, quite good, equalising goal was brilliant. Second half, they hardly turned up, Rooney should have won the game (he had enough chances) but now needs dropping IMO.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Same old England. Glad I didn't make the effort to get up and watch it due to it being on at 0230 here.

According to Hodgson this was England's best performance under his reign. I actually thought they looked better than they have done for a long time. Unfortunately for Hodgson he is only judged on results. Developmental football is for friendlies and kids. Professional football is about results. He did not get the result.

Rooney needs to be dropped - he is not playing well. Pick the players in form. I don't think Uruguay can be as bad again but England's pace up front could trouble them. I can see England sneaking through the group but going out at the next stage.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Performance was way better than the last few games, and we were unlucky not to have got a draw. However, like others have said, Rooney is not a talisman - he is a liability, and replacing him with Lallana for the next game should give us some additional pace, and also a bit of cover for Baines, as Rooney is clearly not a left midfielder.