• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lax MT Procedures

Big Jock

SAC
Subscriber
So what you are saying is that I should have my FMT600 ripped up just because I have identified a major flaw in MT procedures? Should drivers be collecting keys to vehicles and driving them away without ensuring that he or she is happy that the vehicle is legally allowed to be on the road? We wouldn't drive on the road in our own cars if it was missing an MOT/TAX/INSURANCE so why are MT not presenting important documentation such as this to drivers of MT vehicles?

No, what I am saying is that instead of being the usual "I hate MT" gob****e, simply ask MT control for the information you require. The certificate of insurance should be displayed in plain view in MT control. As has already been stated, all MT vehicles are insured third party only as we repair our own vehicles, whether it be a white fleet vehicle repaired at an appointed garage, or a green fleet vehicle repaired by MTMS or whatever it is called on your unit. All MT vehicles,where required by civilian law, are taxed, though as a Crown vehicle the tax is zero rated.

gray

Sergeant
The Certificate/Confirmation of Insurance Liability can be found in JSP 800, DCoP2, Annex A.

Once the JSP has been updated, the latest one should be on there, but MT should have a copy of the newest one too (or should be able to get it !).