• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Last tour timing

Do I have to be in my last 2 years for LTD?How can I go about last touring except selecting the option on JPA, doesn’t seem very certain?

Cheers

Last edited:

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Hi Peppermint. Been out for just over a Year now. Think you might find the info you want in the Admin APs (don't want to mention on here just in case) and I'm sure those cover this type of stuff within the last 4 years of service. Just remember though that it is not a given that you will get what you want.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Just remember though that it is not a given that you will get what you want.
Although I have been out of a blue suit for a while that is so true. Remember you are requesting a location and a date for your last tour and the system does not have to comply with your wishes or timings. At least it didn't for me. :devilish:. Good luck and I hope the system is in tune with your wants and needs.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Have you tried having a brutally honest chat with your Manning desk? They don't like moving people during their last few years, so any time in your last 4 years is a good time (providing you've served long enough in your current post) to have the chat. But as RJL said, they'll only offer you what they feel is appropriate.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
LToD is still a thing, but i don't think it's as still a big hitter as it once was.

A colleague (wrongly) assumed they could do their 5 year FAD, bang in a LToD and remain in the same role for the remainder of their time in.

They were kept in the geographical area, but it was a posting away (Cranners to Scampton if i remember rightly).

One question that has got me thinking, what if in your last few months of your FAD and you bang in your ET for 12 months? Will the CM go through the rigmarole of moving somebody for 12 months, or keep them where they are? Service Need most likely, but just curious.

norfolkred1

Sergeant
I did 8.5 years on my last Unit which included a LTOD, depends if the drafter is happy to keep you there. There was no personal reasons, just happy to stay where I was.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I did 8.5 years on my last Unit which included a LTOD, depends if the drafter is happy to keep you there. There was no personal reasons, just happy to stay where I was.
It also helps if nobody really wants the job you're already in. That said, I do know people who've been moved within their last 12 months, but this was purely to an 'any trade' job / surplus JPAN for resettlement purposes (because they will try to move you closer to home if you ask them).