• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Lancaster on her way home

S

Scottow Horseshoe

The ex Scampton gate guardian NX611 was on loan fromn the Panton brothers. The aircraft was dismantled by smash & crash and transported to its new home at RAF East Kirby.

Ground runs are carried out on a regular basis with the opportunity to sit in the aircraft while it is taxying (at a cost).

Afraid I can't remember the exact date of removal from Scampton, but I do have the pics somewhere at home.

Who are they then?......I was on Crash and Smash...are they a smilar unit but arranged differently??

But seriously folks, there is something about a Merlin, be it one by itself or four together that has a certain resonance in the soul of anyone with a heart and dressed in blues.

BoB day in Norwich in '83 at mid-day City hall clock strikes, first bar of the March of the RAF, Present arms, and immediately after that, the roar of 6 Merlins, straight over the top of the Hall and the Castle....followed 15 seconds later by 12 Jags....fukc, i'm no cabbage headed MFP or a glory seeking ex RAF Admin, but I was proud to the point of my little black heart bursting!

Last edited: