• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Kids sarnies

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My nipper went to a school organised :pDT_Xtremez_30: "Tea with Santa" :pDT_Xtremez_30: a big deal when your 5 along with the obligatary pressie was all the kids standards cake, jelly, pop etc. But the sarnies could not be, were not allowed to be made on the premises. The kitchen staff had finished for the day and the parents were not allowed entry to said area to make ham and cheese sarnies FFS. Against the uniuon rules mate can't give you access in there, do you have a food handling chit, are you trained to provide food for others. :pDT_Xtremez_25: The H&S strom troopers nearly ruined it and forced lots of people to dash back home to make flats of sarnies for kiddies at santas party. FFS parents make their nippers sarnies every day. I can butter bread and put ham and cheese on honest it's not hard my missus even trusts me to make the sarnies for our two cherubs. So why can't I make sarnies anywhere else except at home. Sensible advice and reasons why I can't make sarnies away from home please

O

Oh sir

Sensible advice and reasons why I can't make sarnies away from home please

Well, imagine it this way. Some pikey Mum who has had the sh*ts and hasn't bothered to wash her hands decides to "muck" in. (Pun intended!)
Kids get the runs, or worse. Other parents then sue the school for allowing her near a Kitchen without a food handling certificate. (Of course, the school is the one to be sued as they can afford it whereas pikey Mum can't.)

That's one reason. I do feel for you mate, and it is silly, but that's just one of the theoretical examples I can think of regarding our increasingly litiginous society these days. For the benefit of "The Cheesen one" and Trambuan, that means we're suing each other more often.

The schools have to cover their ars*s I'm afraid.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Oh Sir's 'situation' is spot on...It's not a personal reflection on your sandwich making skills!

Rejoice (seasonal word usage) in the fact that your school still does something Christmassy...I went to my sons Christmas dit last Thursday which was a story about an owl and a star!

The interesting thing about it was that there was a few Christmas songs in it which were song with much enthusiasm by the Muslim and Budhist kids...and eagely filmed by there parents...Which made me think that if they are that chuffed to see there non-christian nippers in a Christmas play (and they had made good efforts with their kids costumes) then who exactly is making all the anti- Christmas PC fuss???

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Some pikey Mum who has had the sh*ts and hasn't bothered to wash her hands

Good point well put and I thought mothers were kind and gentle souls who looked after their children and kept them from harm. What a sad state of affairs when you have to legislate for the uncaring fcukwits of the world.

L

Liney Hasbeen

So you actually believe that the spotty little sh1t with 5 stars in maccy d's has actually washed anything in the last week never mind his hands ?

I'm pretty sure that the other mum & dads might have mentioned a hand washing session before undertaking the sarnie making ........

Where do we draw the line ? Do we only ever eat or drink the things we have touched ......... Fcuking PC bolloxs.

Vee2

Corporal
I'm pretty sure that the other mum & dads might have mentioned a hand washing session before undertaking the sarnie making ........

I used to be a baker before I joined up and saw a few nasty things, you might want to worry about semen in the bread too. :D

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I used to be a baker before I joined up and saw a few nasty things, you might want to worry about semen in the bread too. :D

Did you used to make bread ladies?

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Oh Sir's 'situation' is spot on...It's not a personal reflection on your sandwich making skills!

Rejoice (seasonal word usage) in the fact that your school still does something Christmassy...I went to my sons Christmas dit last Thursday which was a story about an owl and a star!

The interesting thing about it was that there was a few Christmas songs in it which were song with much enthusiasm by the Muslim and Budhist kids...and eagely filmed by there parents...Which made me think that if they are that chuffed to see there non-christian nippers in a Christmas play (and they had made good efforts with their kids costumes) then who exactly is making all the anti- Christmas PC fuss???

The PC brigade tend to be duffle coat wearing lefties who believe all men (and women) are created equal, unless you happen to be a white, meat eating, male of a christian persusion (even if you are not practicing). The average Brit born Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist and Jew doesn't give a to55 about our celebrations of Christmas and in many cases are happy to join in with the parties and the pressies! The PC mob are, mainly, to a man (and woman) white Brits who keep apologising for the fact we used to have an Empire! It was a long time ago, let it go for ferks sake!

A

Airman

The PC brigade tend to be duffle coat wearing lefties who believe all men (and women) are created equal, unless you happen to be a white, meat eating, male of a christian persusion (even if you are not practicing). The average Brit born Muslim, Sikh, Buddhist and Jew doesn't give a to55 about our celebrations of Christmas and in many cases are happy to join in with the parties and the pressies! The PC mob are, mainly, to a man (and woman) white Brits who keep apologising for the fact we used to have an Empire! It was a long time ago, let it go for ferks sake!

I have very few negative things to say about your country, as I really enjoyed vacationing there this past September. However, if there is one thing I would say is that I was surprised at how extreme the politcal correctness BS is over there.

Spending time with some friends, they told me a few things that I found hard to believe. I couldn't believe that you can actually be arrested or "cautioned" for SAYING something that might be considered offensive to someone else. That "someone else", of course, only seems to include a protected minority group.

I'm not one of those Yanks who go around the word telling everyone how great my country is. I know it's great and don't feel the need to bore others with it. But you guys have a great country too and have a lot of things we don't have. What seems to be missing, though, is a Constitutional Right to free speech, like we have in the states. Without that, I worry what will become of your country.

metimmee

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Whats this got to do with being PC?

Whats this got to do with being PC?

The schools have to cover their ars*s I'm afraid.

Oh Sir has nailed this particular situation - its all about ar$e covering. These days folk are very quick to litigate.

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
I couldn't believe that you can actually be arrested or "cautioned" for SAYING something that might be considered offensive to someone else. That "someone else", of course, only seems to include a protected minority group.

Unlike over there where you can only get arrested for speaking out against Bush and his policies.

I'm not one of those Yanks who go around the word telling everyone how great my country is. I know it's great and don't feel the need to bore others with it. But you guys have a great country too and have a lot of things we don't have. What seems to be missing, though, is a Constitutional Right to free speech, like we have in the states. Without that, I worry what will become of your country.

Of course, that "constitutional right" makes it so much easier for the FBI and pals to find and prosecute you under the Patriot Act.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Sanity returns

Sanity returns

Guess what the kids are back at school now after crimbo :pDT_Xtremez_30: and nobody cares about me making my kids sarnies (except Mrs TB obviously). I can make them in our kitchen without the H&S storm troopers butting in. All is rosy in the garden now so pi$$ off you jobsworth, PC, i trust nobody to$$ers::p: and please allow me and my good lady to provide for our offspring as we see fit cos we won't poison them honest guv.

O

Oh sir

Not being funny tinbasher, but I never thought there was an issue in the first place with you making your kids sarnies in your kitchen?

I thought that your beef was with the school not allowing the use of their kitchen by all and sundry to make food for other people's kids?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Not being funny tinbasher, but I never thought there was an issue in the first place with you making your kids sarnies in your kitchen?

I thought that your beef was with the school not allowing the use of their kitchen by all and sundry to make food for other people's kids?

Nice use of the word 'beef' there in a sandwich orientated thread...you'll go far...:raf:

O

Oh sir

You saw that did you?

Good wasn't it? I've always liked to ham it up. But I've got to be careful not to spread it too thin. It'll end up being too cheesy. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

(You're wrong about me going far mind you. I'm in the RAF remember).

E

exerk

You saw that did you?

Good wasn't it? I've always liked to ham it up. But I've got to be careful not to spread it too thin. It'll end up being too cheesy. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

(You're wrong about me going far mind you. I'm in the RAF remember).

Quit while you're ahead OS or you may end up sliced to the bone by TCO, pounded into raw meat by a mod or get completely kippered in general :pDT_Xtremez_37:

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I never thought there was an issue in the first place with you making your kids sarnies in your kitchen? I thought that your beef was with the school not allowing the use of their kitchen by all and sundry to make food for other people's kids?

OS quite right my original beef was with the school not allowing PARENTS to make sarnies for their own kids. Post 13 was just to say every thing is back to normal and I am making sarnies for the two little bashers in my own kitchen. Same as it ever was. Situation over from my perspective, well at least until the next time.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Goatherdingsplitter

Rebel without a clue
My nipper went to a school organised :pDT_Xtremez_30: "Tea with Santa" :pDT_Xtremez_30: a big deal when your 5 along with the obligatary pressie was all the kids standards cake, jelly, pop etc. But the sarnies could not be, were not allowed to be made on the premises. The kitchen staff had finished for the day and the parents were not allowed entry to said area to make ham and cheese sarnies FFS. Against the uniuon rules mate can't give you access in there, do you have a food handling chit, are you trained to provide food for others. :pDT_Xtremez_25: The H&S strom troopers nearly ruined it and forced lots of people to dash back home to make flats of sarnies for kiddies at santas party. FFS parents make their nippers sarnies every day. I can butter bread and put ham and cheese on honest it's not hard my missus even trusts me to make the sarnies for our two cherubs. So why can't I make sarnies anywhere else except at home. Sensible advice and reasons why I can't make sarnies away from home please

Having seen the size of your lunch box (no pun intended), don't forget the manual handling risk assessment!!:pDT_Xtremez_35: