• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Just received this e-mail

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I've just been sent this e-mail from a mate and thoght is was sooooo true.

THIS BRITAIN

I think this really sums it all up.

After hearing that many cities did not want to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights, so DIDN'T!

After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's licence with her face covered.

After hearing of a Primary School in Birmingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Brom etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others !

This prompted the editorial below written by a UK citizen. Published in a British tabloid newspaper.

IMMIGRANTS. NOT BRITONS, MUST ADAPT.

Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on London , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Brits.

However, the dust from the attacks has barely settled and the 'politically correct' crowd begin complaining about the possibility that our patriotism is offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Britain . However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Britain being a multicultural centre for community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Britons, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of wars, struggles, trials and victories fought by the untold masses of men and women who laid down their lives and of the millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.. If St.George's cross offends you, or St Andrews Flag then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.

But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our National Motto, or Our Way of Life, I encourage you take advantage of one other great British freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.

We didn't force you to come here. If you don't like it GO HOME!! You asked to be here.. So accept the country that accepted YOU. Pretty easy really, when you think about it..

It's basically what the Australian PM said too.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
To be fair to many of the immigrants themsleves though, it is not them that are complaining about crosses of St George etc. It is our own liberal intelligentsia who have an atitude of self-loathing towards this country's history and for which they think today's generations should pay a penance by throwing away all our patriotic symbols and pagentry and flagelating ourselves over the deeds of of forefathers.
THEY are the ones who are the cause of a lot of this strife and someone needs to have the b@lls to tell them to go to hell.

ChrisBrit81

Sergeant
slightly related (very distant cousins perhaps):

When on holiday to Gran Canaria, I was asked by the manager of the apartment complex to take down my towel which was drying on the balcony guard-rail... the reason? It was a Union Jack towel and was causing offence to some of the German holiday makers.

What is it about the Union Jack, or any other british tribal nation's flags that cause so much offence?

NigeC

Corporal
Well, they do say that Britain has the Government they voted for or did not vote for with all the things that that entails

Rambling Sid

Sergeant
The Aussies were taking a sort of hard line against immigrants a while back. Basically stating that this is Australia, we are Australian, you are welcome to come here but you adapt to us, because we won't adapt to you. Like I said that was a while back and I haven't heard anything else about it.

Bloody typical

Bloody typical

slightly related (very distant cousins perhaps):

When on holiday to Gran Canaria, I was asked by the manager of the apartment complex to take down my towel which was drying on the balcony guard-rail... the reason? It was a Union Jack towel and was causing offence to some of the German holiday makers.

What is it about the Union Jack, or any other british tribal nation's flags that cause so much offence?

Well I guess the Erics already had their towels on the deck chairs and sun loungers!!!!
BTW Dont think I have ever seen one with a towel that showed their flag!

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
My mum's trying to move out to Oz since both my sisters are residents and the paperwork effectively states that once there you are an Australian and that if you don't integrate into their way of life then you may as well just leave. It's a pity that our country is now so weak that we'll let ourselves be pushed around by every minority who turns up. Even better, try to protest about it and your government will label you as black shirted fascists. I really don't think that Brown and his legion of fools realise how ****ed off your average Briton is.

steve_k243

Sergeant
My mum's trying to move out to Oz since both my sisters are residents and the paperwork effectively states that once there you are an Australian and that if you don't integrate into their way of life then you may as well just leave. It's a pity that our country is now so weak that we'll let ourselves be pushed around by every minority who turns up. Even better, try to protest about it and your government will label you as black shirted fascists. I really don't think that Brown and his legion of fools realise how ****ed off your average Briton is.

That moron and his cronies know alright, thats why they are so desperate for the so called "minority" vote.

8:15fromOdium

Sergeant
Somebody cheerleading for UKIP ? http://www.ukip.org/northwest/articles/64-if-you-want-to-adopt-then-adapt

Pity its a rip off of an Australian email adapted from an American one: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/thisisamerica.asp

Taking the points 1 by 1:

After hearing that many cities did not want to offend other cultures by putting up Xmas lights, so DIDN'T!

Looks like a straight rip off from the Sydney Australia story. I seem to remember a town in the UK talking about doing something similar last year, but it was condemned by the local people, the media ... and the Muslim Council of Britain.

After hearing that the Birmingham council changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's licence with her face covered.
Where do you get a Brummy passport? All passports in the UK are issued by DVLA fromCardiff - rules for the images are pretty clear see here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_078279.pdf

After hearing of a Primary School in Birmingham where a boy was told that for PE they could wear Football League shirts (Aston Villa, Birmingham, West Brom etc) but NOT an England shirt as it could offend others !
This is a new one on me, anyone got any proof (or otherwise).

I'm sorry but the rantings I read in emails such as the one at the head of this thread are complete and utter bilge. The UK is a multicultural society always has been and always will be. The UK has undergone wave upon wave of immigration and has succesful assimilated those cultures into our own, on occasion modifying our own to do so. Trying to alienate one culture, as some groups are trying to do, only plays into the hands of the extremists on both sides of the argument.

Oswald Mosley was not right when he tried to attack Jews in the 30s.
The NF weren't right when they tried to single out the Afro Carribean community in the 70s.
And the BNP/EDF(named after a French energy company, oh the irony) are not right in their attacks on the Muslim community now.

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee

At last I don't feel so alone......although not quite said in the normal words I use...........

Crack on...................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
This is an on the spot account of the protests in Harrow yesterday, if you believe the media you'd think that the anti islam group started the near riot, read this and think again.
On the spot account

BTW, the blogger is an acquaintence of mine and he ain't white.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
I don't think any of us thatuse the Goat are naive enough to think that the majority of immigrants to this country want to turn it into little Pakistan/Poland/Somalia/etc. It is a combination of an small, eveil minded, minority coupled with the dozy apologists for this country who believe that we should apologise for everything we ever did to other countries in the past. We have a proud tradition of accepting immigrants into this country but unfortunatley, unlike the Ugandan Asians of the 70's, we have allowed these new immigrants to live in "Ghetto's" speaking their own language and not integrating into our society. This leads to ignorance by both them and some of our less educated tattoo'd feckwits and sudeenly every Brit is a fascist and everyone with a different coloured skin is a terrorist bent in world domination.

Vushtrri

Sergeant
Somebody cheerleading for UKIP ? http://www.ukip.org/northwest/articles/64-if-you-want-to-adopt-then-adapt

Pity its a rip off of an Australian email adapted from an American one: http://www.snopes.com/rumors/thisisamerica.asp

Taking the points 1 by 1:

Looks like a straight rip off from the Sydney Australia story. I seem to remember a town in the UK talking about doing something similar last year, but it was condemned by the local people, the media ... and the Muslim Council of Britain.

Where do you get a Brummy passport? All passports in the UK are issued by DVLA fromCardiff - rules for the images are pretty clear see here: http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_078279.pdf

This is a new one on me, anyone got any proof (or otherwise).

I'm sorry but the rantings I read in emails such as the one at the head of this thread are complete and utter bilge. The UK is a multicultural society always has been and always will be. The UK has undergone wave upon wave of immigration and has succesful assimilated those cultures into our own, on occasion modifying our own to do so. Trying to alienate one culture, as some groups are trying to do, only plays into the hands of the extremists on both sides of the argument.

Oswald Mosley was not right when he tried to attack Jews in the 30s.
The NF weren't right when they tried to single out the Afro Carribean community in the 70s.
And the BNP/EDF(named after a French energy company, oh the irony) are not right in their attacks on the Muslim community now.

Fair enough in your criticisms..........but if you are going to criticise I do think you should get your facts right. Passports are issued by the IPS as used to be the UKPA.......DVLA as I am sure you are aware is the issuing authority for driving licences though I will agree that the item about allowing some woman to wear a face veil is crap!

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
I'D like to point out that the DVLA is not in Cardiff, but is in Swansea.