• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Junior Ranks Mess Rules

sp4rks

SAC
Seems no-one bothered to create any rules for our mess, and as Block NCO it's fallen to me, deep joy.

Does anyone know any good links to Junior Ranks Mess Rules i can scavenge from as i've been told i need to make sure they are done soon.

I've already got hold of some but am after a whole varied bunch so i can see how everyone else does it and then go from there. I'm not going to copy and paste stuff unless it is extremely relevant. bear in mind i am on a joint service unit.

Thanks all.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Probably being a bit naive here, but why are you being asked to write rules for the JRM as a Block NCO? Doesn't the JRM where you are based have its own NCO's to do this? Or am I missing the plot?

sp4rks

SAC
All our accom and messing is in the same building so it's down to us to sort. SLAM with a mess in it.

Odie

Sergeant
Sounds like the job for the Junior Ranks Messing Committee, in conjunction with the Mess Manager, rather than an individual. After all, they'll get membership of said committee on their SJAR and take credit for it, so time they earned it.

sp4rks

SAC
Sounds like the job for the Junior Ranks Messing Committee, in conjunction with the Mess Manager, rather than an individual. After all, they'll get membership of said committee on their SJAR and take credit for it, so time they earned it.

Hence why it's fallen to me, as i'm on the committee, the Block NCO and our Mess manager is a civvie (PAYD) :)

G

gemarriott

rule 1 No food fights with main courses, puds only

There's you starter for 10, hope it helps

Kryten

Warrant Officer
rule 1 No food fights with main courses, puds only

There's you starter for 10, hope it helps

Rule no 2 - do not ask the cooks.....sorry, chefs...whether they got the cow to crap directly onto the servery or whether they had to scoop it up prior to serving. It does not sit well with the majority of them...

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Rule 3….Don’t ask the staff to smile when you pay, the mongs have trouble breathing let alone trying to press the right keys on the tills.

Mr SCJ

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Standard rule for the end:

If you read the rules you have to eat a whole plate of ........ (insert name of worst attempt at food the relevant mess creates) and enjoy it.

Odie

Sergeant
Hence why it's fallen to me, as i'm on the committee, the Block NCO and our Mess manager is a civvie (PAYD) :)

Ah, bit of a rod for your own back there. Get some of the other committee members on the case as well.

Rule 4 - Do not refer to the Chefs/Cooks as Turners and Fitters, in spite of the fact they fit food into pans and turn it into sh*t.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Rule 5 Do not abuse the bland chef it's his job to add the blanding powder.