• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Joining the Reserves..... pension & promotions?

So, I retired from the Regular PMRAFNS 18 months ago and at the time I was adamant that I wouldn't be interested in joining the Auggies. I served for 18.5 yrs and deployed to Telic and Herrick 3 times each. I made it to the dizzy heights of Flt Lt having Commissioned in early 2010 from Sgt rank (I left with an immediate pension).

I have a few questions that some of you may be able to offer an answer to?...

Pension. What happens to the monthly payment I receive? I believe reserves' service is now pensionable so how will this fit?

Promotion. Assuming I join as a Flt Lt what happens? Assuming I get good OJARs, when and how can I be considered for advancement? Does regular service count toward seniority?

TYVM.

Last edited:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I'm fairly certain ptvr doesn't effect your already banked pension.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Since Oct 2014, you are now pensionable . If you receive a pension already, PTVR or mobilisation doesn't affect it. If you don't and were on a different scheme to the new one (and it sounds like you are) there is a transitional pension scheme which is too complicated for words, but the FP society has all the details.

As an officer you fill a JPAN on the squadron for a certain rank and roll. promotion or filling any other roll thereafter depends upon a vacancy existing, you applying for it and selection by interview an a review of your last 3 OJARs. The last bit is a movable feast.

No idea about the whole seniority thing.