• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jets to Ukraine?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Workable?

Plenty of opinions flying around so over to the Resident experts on this one.

OPSEC rules apply.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Nice bit of jingoistic tub thumping. My twopence worth the training lead in times for both aircrew and ground crew are going to be far longer than the popular press would have you believe. Even if it was decided to send jets it surely be many months if not years before it made operational sense.

4mastacker

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
With the current state of affairs under the current leadership , Just Jane and that replica Mossie build will be ready to fly before UKR receive any jets from this country.

Deltaitem

Corporal
I'd be of the opinion the the West, much like they're already doing/done with infantry,artillery and tank crews, train the Ukranian aircews to use the kit, and once they know how to use it, give them whatever they've been trained to fly.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Even if we just offer to give Ukrainians some flying training (and no jets), at what cost to our own aircrew already in the system? Add another year onto the already unacceptable amount of time it’s taking to get through?

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Could it be viable to let them have, say, a dozen Typhoons? Do they have the rest of the systems, such as EW & ISTAR, to integrate with? I really have my doubts.

Deltaitem

Corporal
Regarding our own capabilites, the birds of austerity and a hollowed out military are coming home to roost. Seems that the illusion of fortress Singapore is haunting us.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
Not jets but cars from Latvia. What a novel idea the state confiscates drink drivers motors and then ships them to Ukraine. We could probably fill a few car transporters per week from the UK

But knowing our government and do-gooders, we would convert them to left-hand drive, recondition the running gear and fully re-upholster them before shipping them, and all that would cost more than buying brand-new cheap cars in Poland and sending them over the border.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Telegraph today: Poland to send in all their Migs and the RAFs Triphoons to backfill with detachments to Poland….