• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I've only gone and bloody done it

R

Regtgirlfriend

good for u RR my lads on 609 at leeming (i know few of the guys there trying to get on FP flt) as a rock but det. with 3 sqn at the mo and wants to go back full time although theres an age diff be tween you and him i wish you all the luck

TotalWar

LAC
good for u RR my lads on 609 at leeming (i know few of the guys there trying to get on FP flt) as a rock but det. with 3 sqn at the mo and wants to go back full time although theres an age diff be tween you and him i wish you all the luck

609 eh.
I believe I know who you are.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

RedRock
Good on you mate, wish you all the best.
How long had you been out of the RAF?

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Mate of mine has just joined 609 at Leeming. He was up there training at the weekend. He would have loved to rejoin the regs but as a very old fart (hes 42) he was a bit toooooooo old. £ sqn are off out to Afgan next month, is your fella going too??

Red-Rock

Sergeant
609 eh.
I believe I know who you are.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

RedRock
Good on you mate, wish you all the best.
How long had you been out of the RAF?

Left the mob in Nov 2001 mate but have kept in touch with a lot of the lads I served with.

Hoping to get posted to 34 at Leeming as its only an hour and a half from where I am now. That and the fact that they aren't due to go away again til next year after they get back from Eye-rack next month. It will give me a chance to bed in to the Sqn before we go away OOA.

Last edited:
I wrapped in Sep 2007 after 24 years. In my considered opinion you are barking mad. Sod that for a game of soldiers I am happy in the Met!

However, it isn't a light decision and you have obviously thought about it. Well done and congrats on start date. Stay safe.

Regards

ss

PS I am certain you will be fast tracked for FT so you might get one in 8 years!!! All the best for now.

the_crab

SAC
I've only been out 18 months RR, still missing it though. You have obviously thought long and hard about this and made the decision that's is right for you.

Good luck buddy, stay safe and I hope it all works out for you.

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Were you on 34 when you left? I only ask cos I was a stinking crowbag there from '00 to '04! I don't know if you've been given the gen but the Field Gunner course takes a bit of getting used to. I did the equivalent Cpl course a year ago and had to forget everything I'd learned. No more Charlie and Delta?! Bags of phys too, and the field firing phase at senny is f**king ace! That and the lash up in Sarah Siddons and the Welly in Brecon! Best of luck!
:pDT_Xtremez_14:
No mate not on 34. Was on recruit GDT at Halton when I signed off. Want 34 now cos its only an hour and a half from where i currently live.

Really looking forward to the Field Gunners course, new DCC tactics, new toys to play with too. I was once asked what I missed about the mob, my answer was shooting stuff and blowing sh1t up.

In answer to all of those who asked, yes I have thought long and hard about this decision and i can say that I can't bloody wait to get started.

PER ARDUA:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Last edited:
R

Regtgirlfriend

Mate of mine has just joined 609 at Leeming. He was up there training at the weekend. He would have loved to rejoin the regs but as a very old fart (hes 42) he was a bit toooooooo old. £ sqn are off out to Afgan next month, is your fella going too??

was he training or doing aptitude test i was there this weekend but just sitting waiting for them to come back from training area,
yep indeed he is off with tem so not looking forward to it all 7mths is going to be so long

good luck and keep at it
x

R

rockape

Not sure whether my faculties have deserted me completely but with effect from 30th March I will be re-enlisted as an RAF Regiment Gunner.

I started my application in November last year after an enquiry about joining the Auggies. I found out that they had raised the age limit for re-enlistments to allow doddery old gits like me (i'm 37) back into the fold.

After going through AST, Medical, interviews and PGAC I finally have my date and I can't bloody wait to get started.

I only have to do the Field Gunners course (9 weeks) and then I will be straight back onto a Sqn. Will be back in as an SAC on top pay band (which is nice:pDT_Xtremez_28: )

Don't care whether you think I am mad, I am just MAD FOR IT:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Once a Rock, ALWAYS A ROCK

PER ARDUA

HONINGTON HERE I COME:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_17: :pDT_Xtremez_28:

So...that gets you on to a sqn in early june... perfect timing to join 1 Sqn (along with about 40 LACs between now and the summer) and join us in the 'Stan in late August... goarrrn...you know it makes sense!!! :0

Red-Rock

Sergeant
So...that gets you on to a sqn in early june... perfect timing to join 1 Sqn (along with about 40 LACs between now and the summer) and join us in the 'Stan in late August... goarrrn...you know it makes sense!!! :0

Actually hoping for 34 mate. just up the road from where i am at the mo. The Big Red 1 was my first Sqn way back in 1990. Good times at Laarparts. Oh the memories.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

S

Simio de las Rocas

Red, I'll see you next spring all things being equal, 34 and 2503 Sqn are close oppos and we've been supporting them on deployment for a while. I'm slated to deploy with 34 on their next jolly to the 'stan.

--Dave

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Red, I'll see you next spring all things being equal, 34 and 2503 Sqn are close oppos and we've been supporting them on deployment for a while. I'm slated to deploy with 34 on their next jolly to the 'stan.

--Dave
Nice one mate. It will be easy to figure out who I am, I will be the oldest SAC in the world. Look forward to it.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

S

Simio de las Rocas

Sorry let me re-phrase that, the oldest REGULAR SAC in the world. You are I believe an Auggie are you not??????:pDT_Xtremez_28:

LQ.............watch your back :pDT_Xtremez_32: :pDT_Xtremez_14:
Indeed.

Ex regular army.

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Just a quick update as to my progress on course. Welllllllllllllllllllll.............2 weeks ago I got fast tracked up to Fieldcraft 2 and this week I am doing my ROFA. On friday I get my Mudguards back (I actually have a pile of them already and have been sewing them onto my uniform) and then on monday I start my Field Gunners course. Just found out today that I am posted to 34 Sqn aswell so Red-Rock is a very happy bunny today as you can imagine.:pDT_Xtremez_28::pDT_Xtremez_30::pDT_Xtremez_14: