• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I've only gone and bloody done it

Red-Rock

Sergeant
Not sure whether my faculties have deserted me completely but with effect from 30th March I will be re-enlisted as an RAF Regiment Gunner.

I started my application in November last year after an enquiry about joining the Auggies. I found out that they had raised the age limit for re-enlistments to allow doddery old gits like me (i'm 37) back into the fold.

After going through AST, Medical, interviews and PGAC I finally have my date and I can't bloody wait to get started.

I only have to do the Field Gunners course (9 weeks) and then I will be straight back onto a Sqn. Will be back in as an SAC on top pay band (which is nice:pDT_Xtremez_28: )

Don't care whether you think I am mad, I am just MAD FOR IT:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Once a Rock, ALWAYS A ROCK

PER ARDUA

HONINGTON HERE I COME:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_17: :pDT_Xtremez_28:

tats

Sergeant
congratulations.l.jpg

Mentalist

Mentalist

Not sure whether my faculties have deserted me completely but with effect from 30th March I will be re-enlisted as an RAF Regiment Gunner.

I started my application in November last year after an enquiry about joining the Auggies. I found out that they had raised the age limit for re-enlistments to allow doddery old gits like me (i'm 37) back into the fold.

After going through AST, Medical, interviews and PGAC I finally have my date and I can't bloody wait to get started.

I only have to do the Field Gunners course (9 weeks) and then I will be straight back onto a Sqn. Will be back in as an SAC on top pay band (which is nice:pDT_Xtremez_28: )

Don't care whether you think I am mad, I am just MAD FOR IT:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Once a Rock, ALWAYS A ROCK

PER ARDUA

HONINGTON HERE I COME:pDT_Xtremez_14: :pDT_Xtremez_17: :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Well mate good luck and well done, can you switch off the lights and lock up when you have finished because you will probably be the only one left soon.

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!
Well done RR youre either brave, mad or both!! Best of luck with it mad bloke!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Well if it's what you really really want, well done and good luck.

If i was the doc at your medical i would be questioning your sanity but i guess if they are letting in 37 year olds they must at last realise they are up sh1t creek.....did they ask you to provide a paddle by any chance ?

Crack on..............:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Don't forget your own sandbag...you need it to tell all the smallies your tales from the past !

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
RR, are you off your fcukin melon boy? More trips sandyside for you eh? But why do you have to do PGAC?? All the best anyway buddy. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Rikster

Sergeant
Good on ya mate..........I joined the TA after I left Betty Windsors flying circus.
I joined the "Royal Green Jackets" (now the "Rifles") as a Rifleman I was 34 at the time and it was hard work keeping up with a bunch of 19 year olds.
Unfortunately the family tradition of Diabetes kicked in a couple of years ago, so much to my annoyance I left.
Anyway, enjoy it! and get yourself as fit as you can!

P

pie sandwich

I leave and you join

You big mentalist, all the best, just get used to being called grandpa:pDT_Xtremez_30:

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Immediate lifetime ban for RR for doing something mental and also an immediate lifetime ban for MingMong for encouraging it

Red-Rock

Sergeant
RR, are you off your fcukin melon boy? More trips sandyside for you eh? But why do you have to do PGAC?? All the best anyway buddy. :pDT_Xtremez_14:
Had to do PGAC to get the relevant tick in the box. To tell you the truth I only did the fitness tests and spent the rest of the time on the p1ss with the staff. I was in with a couple of them (admittedly they are now all Cpls and Sgts)

Hopefully going to 34 back at Leeming and they aren't due sandyside again for a little while. They are due back from eye-rack next month then off to Afgan next spring.