• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Its just not cricket

A

Arty Monitors

I hear rumours that at the ATC 5-a-side tournament, the 'winning' team fielded non-TG9 personell.... is that allowed? Doesn't that go against the spirit of the competition?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

TTF Now.

D

Deleted member 777

Is it true that the person who won the 'Player of the tournament' award was a PTI that represents the RAF at Football? Last time I checked, PTI's were not in TG9, Flt Ops or ATC Branch.

S

Soldier of Justice

All true, he was a PTI, not to mention the other ringer TTF had in their side even though they had a TG9 player on the bench. Its ok though as Shawbury A who lost in the final also had a medic in goal and another ringer.

Shawbury truly is a bastion of Integrity and set a fine example to the young students and rest of the trade.

Shortie

SAC
I'm ex TG3 and I've played for ATC at Shawbury (albeit about 15 years ago!) And what a top weekend and Tornie it was too! I don't think having the odd "ringer" in the team does any harm, but if they start to become the majority then that's a different matter. We nearly always had ringers at the Siggies Cup.

Not sure on what the official line would be from event organisers?

S

Soldier of Justice

I'm ex TG3 and I've played for ATC at Shawbury (albeit about 15 years ago!) And what a top weekend and Tornie it was too! I don't think having the odd "ringer" in the team does any harm, but if they start to become the majority then that's a different matter. We nearly always had ringers at the Siggies Cup.

Not sure on what the official line would be from event organisers?

I take it you were ground radio and the tower couldnt get a side? Bit different from getting an RAF player from the gym to score all your goals and get player of the tournament.

A

Arty Monitors

I wonder why none of the Shawbury contingent have replied. Why is that? Have they all been told to remain silent about this?

It's strange what happens when you are caught out.

TTF Now

S

Soldier of Justice

I wonder why none of the Shawbury contingent have replied. Why is that? Have they all been told to remain silent about this?

It's strange what happens when you are caught out.

TTF Now

It is because they are embarrassed at having to cheat to pick up a trophy. Respect, INTEGRITY, Service Before Self, Excellence.

M

monobrow

I wonder why none of the Shawbury contingent have replied. Why is that?
Perhaps because it's an unofficial forum and not the station commanders forum...

If you have a problem with it, take it up with the event organisers to clarify the eligibility of the star player.

orgASMic

LAC
I'm with Monobrow on this.

Did anyone complain at the time? Did anyone check the competition rules? Find someone who was adversely affected and get them to lodge a complaint.

A blind eye has always been shown to the odd ringer (it all adds to the flavour) but to award Player of the Tournament to someone who is not ATC is not in the spirit of the competition, even if it not against the rules (if they exist).

It sucks and it's not right but , if no-one complains, tough titty.

orgASMic

LAC
If you feel strongly enough, post a message on the discussion board on facebook and get the subject out in the open with some people who were there. The group is called 'Shawbury 5's 2010'.

Otherwise, stfu.

S

Soldier of Justice

If you feel strongly enough, post a message on the discussion board on facebook and get the subject out in the open with some people who were there. The group is called 'Shawbury 5's 2010'.

Otherwise, stfu.
Complaints have been lodged with Shawbury i believe.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I gather that complaints have been made, but there seems to be culture of not having the inclination to listen to what they deem as unwanted complaints.

As for posting on FaceTube... you what??!!??? That's REALLY official isn't it. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

orgASMic

LAC
As for posting on FaceTube... you what??!!??? That's REALLY official isn't it.

But it would get the people who were ther involved and talking about it openly and lend credence to the complaint. It is easy to brush aside a single poorly-worded complaint as a whinge. It is not so easy to ignore an entire outrage bus full of ire from the very people you are supposed to be entertaining. Ultimately, if the people don't want it, it won't happen.

S

Soldier of Justice

Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it

F

FlightOpsAnimal

Everyone getting wound up about a boozed up football event??? Obviously too much time to spare.... Man up and drink more next time, then you wont care who's playing or who wins... after all....IT'S A GAME :pDT_Xtremez_32:

S

Soldier of Justice

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Good Grief

Good Grief

This sort of tosh reminds me why I haven't bothered posting on here for an eternity.

It is accepted that the choice of the subject player as best in tournament was unfortunate.

'Cheating', 'no integrity', 'caught out'; for goodness sake, these unfounded comments merely go to highlight the posters as small-minded whingers.

In the great scheme of things - does it really matter who wins what when you consider the underlying goals (see what I did there?) of the tournament which have been in place since the inception of the ATC 5s many, many moons ago. The goals:

• Raise a stack of money for charity
  • Meet old friends
  • Get very drunk before/during the tournament
  • Play some football
Several thousand pounds were raised this year. There was unanimous praise for the organisation and hospitality. If there were some c*ck-ups - well dry your eyes precious and volunteer to do a better job next year.

(Looks up 'priorities' in OED)

S

Soldier of Justice

This sort of tosh reminds me why I haven't bothered posting on here for an eternity.

It is accepted that the choice of the subject player as best in tournament was unfortunate.

'Cheating', 'no integrity', 'caught out'; for goodness sake, these unfounded comments merely go to highlight the posters as small-minded whingers.

In the great scheme of things - does it really matter who wins what when you consider the underlying goals (see what I did there?) of the tournament which have been in place since the inception of the ATC 5s many, many moons ago. The goals:

• Raise a stack of money for charity
  • Meet old friends
  • Get very drunk before/during the tournament
  • Play some football
Several thousand pounds were raised this year. There was unanimous praise for the organisation and hospitality. If there were some c*ck-ups - well dry your eyes precious and volunteer to do a better job next year.

(Looks up 'priorities' in OED)

Please explain if they are the goals why TTF played ringers when they have more than enough TG9 to make up a side? If you can't then run along.