• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Israel Backing Its Troops 100%.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
No news articles that I can find yet on the Web. Got it from Sky News. But seems Israeli government is to back its troops 100% on any War Crime allegations. Rightly or wrongly at least the Israeli Government is prepared to take the consequences of its actions.

Contrast that with how Bliar and Broon give in to Liberals and prepare to sell our Troopers down the drain to save face.

I realise it's a tricky dilemma and there will be bad seeds in any Military. Over to the Goat.....

N

NotAnIDOYet

Try Here

I think the UN will take a dim view of this one, quite rightly IMHO. War crimes are war crimes no matter who carries them out!

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Cheers IDO.

Looks like Israel is saying "make a fuss as much as you like but we're backed by America"!

This could be Obama's first true test of International affairs in the Middle East.

And where's the UN Envoy Bliar in all this? Milking it up no doubt!!!

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
No news articles that I can find yet on the Web. Got it from Sky News. But seems Israeli government is to back its troops 100% on any War Crime allegations. Rightly or wrongly at least the Israeli Government is prepared to take the consequences of its actions.

Contrast that with how Bliar and Broon give in to Liberals and prepare to sell our Troopers down the drain to save face.

I realise it's a tricky dilemma and there will be bad seeds in any Military. Over to the Goat.....

Some of the reported allegations regarding indiscriminate shooting of individuals, particularly under the white flag should be investigated and punished accordingly if proven.

Accidental death due to munitions falling either off target or on target where civilians are being used as protection are just an unfortunate occurrance.

If you don't want your civilian population to die, don't launch rockets to provoke the response you wanted!

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
If you don't want your civilian population to die, don't launch rockets to provoke the response you wanted!

Got to agree with you on that. Israel certainly don't stand for that S4it! But Hamas like all demented fundamentalists don't care if their people get trashed in any counter attacks. As we know they use it as a propaganda weapon to strengthen their hold over the population in the name of "Freedom".

G

grumpyoldb

Got to agree with you on that. Israel certainly don't stand for that S4it! But Hamas like all demented fundamentalists don't care if their people get trashed in any counter attacks. As we know they use it as a propaganda weapon to strengthen their hold over the population in the name of "Freedom".

If you annoy the dog, and get bitten, don't whinge about it.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
If you annoy the dog, and get bitten, don't whinge about it.

I want to see the final score, if it's anything like the Lebanon incursion, the reported civilian casualties where significantly overstated.

Oh and, Dogs bite. Big dogs bite big!

JonnyB

LAC
Hmmm not so sure about this one, it would be pretty hypocritical of the spams to call foul on this after the way they carry on at war! Also are Israel signatorys (sp?) to any international treaties governing this sort of thing? I know they havent signed up to the Nuclear non proliferation type one.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
How would the press have reported if the Israeli army had sunk into a quagmire of street fighting and rows of body bags returning?

There is only one way to win a fight/war. Dominate the battlefield. No holds barred aggression. Destroy the enemies will to fight!

Talk to some veterans of the Japanese war, they may seem a little over the top but, they have experienced the real horror of war. It is fundamentally live or die!

Politicians and press just are not in the position to experience total war, a little war is a lost war!

N

NotAnIDOYet

How would the press have reported if the Israeli army had sunk into a quagmire of street fighting and rows of body bags returning?

There is only one way to win a fight/war. Dominate the battlefield. No holds barred aggression. Destroy the enemies will to fight! - Sounds like someone needs to brush up on the Principles of Warfare and their LOAC!

Talk to some veterans of the Japanese war, they may seem a little over the top but, they have experienced the real horror of war. It is fundamentally live or die!

Politicians and press just are not in the position to experience total war, a little war is a lost war! - From Wiki "War is the reciprocal and violent application of force between hostile political entities aimed at bringing about a desired political end-state via armed conflict" Bombing Gaza hardly constitues a war.

You can destroy an enemy's will to fight by attacking their cohesion and logistical support. Hamas however are not an army, and pretty much like we see in the 'Stan, people will fight for what is theirs.

That is the real problem, if Israeli SF were to go in on the ground and do a bit of sorting out without the "free" press knowing then it would probably be better. Unfortunately, as they discovered in Lebanon, bombing the life out of the civillian populous does not make for much support from the international community.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
What's a LOAC?

I was once a lowly armourer avoiding acronyms like the plague, I say it like I see it, purely a personal opinion. Not a strategic thesis.

N

NotAnIDOYet

What's a LOAC?

I was once a lowly armourer avoiding acronyms like the plague, I say it like I see it, purely a personal opinion. Not a strategic thesis.

Law of Armed Conflict, enshrined in international treaties.

This is not a War in true terms, neither is Afghanistan/Iraq. Yes the Israelies have the right to self defence but then proportionality of response has to come into it. The reported figures seem to suggest that proportionality has gone out of the window.

There is no effective way to fight Hamas; how can you reason with an organization that uses Suicide bombers as a weapon? Bombing is not the answer either.

Britain and the US should make more of an effort here, after all we were the ones who moved all the Palastinians out of their homes to set up the Israeli Protectorate. All Hamas are doing is trying to get back their land.

I am not pro-Muslim before anyone else jumps on the bandwagon, I just don't think the Israelites are whiter than white here.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Law of Armed Conflict, enshrined in international treaties.

This is not a War in true terms, neither is Afghanistan/Iraq. Yes the Israelies have the right to self defence but then proportionality of response has to come into it. The reported figures seem to suggest that proportionality has gone out of the window.

There is no effective way to fight Hamas; how can you reason with an organization that uses Suicide bombers as a weapon? Bombing is not the answer either.

Britain and the US should make more of an effort here, after all we were the ones who moved all the Palastinians out of their homes to set up the Israeli Protectorate. All Hamas are doing is trying to get back their land.

I am not pro-Muslim before anyone else jumps on the bandwagon, I just don't think the Israelites are whiter than white here.

We are in agreement then. WW2 and the holocaust does not excuse deliberate targetting of civilians in any way. Neither does it excuse the Shabra and Satilla (sp) massacres.

However I still believe that the right to self defence should be exercised and that the simple tenet of 'Shoot to kill' is the right one. 1/2 hearted Fights/Wars are pointless.

Regardless of religion.