• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is it time yet?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
….to bring back large pools of joint military capability into Germany and Poland, essentially mimicking the Cold War plot we had back then?

The historical effort was to have troops in place to deter or ‘handle’ a Soviet invasion. It didn’t happen so we pulled out. Now it’s happening so we should put it back right?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
On the surface a nice idea to re-establish a larger NATO presence in the Germany Poland area, but a pipe dream these days I reckon. Where are we to get the bodies? The UK forces have been pared to the bone, the extra bods we once stationed over there are long gone. I don't think we have enough resources to re-set a 21st Century version of RAFG, thought some LOA would be a bonus for those still serving.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We stop sleep walking into being at the helm when Putin takes the Ukraine and doesn’t stop there and Europe is swamped with millions of refugees from the countries he’s active in, and we recruit like feck, and we build, and we manufacture. We can do it but the political will must come first.

fourteen2two

Corporal
Yet they are going to,take 30 odd early model Typhoons out of service! They have plenty of life left. It's daft.
They could bin the Red Arrows instead for a start and keep some Typhoons.
8 million ish quid a day keeping illegal immigrants in hotels:(
That would help defence and other public services a fair bit.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Putin or his replacement would be a fool for deliberately putting a single military boot on any NATO territory, it wouldn’t take long to sort him out, the Ukraine war has highlighted how weak his military machine is in a real war scenario.

Just a shame he has nuclear weapons.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I don’t think we’d see many objections for putting some forces back into Germany and into Poland…got to be squeaky bum time for them and an economic boost.

dctyke

Corporal
What’s left over there for us to move back into? Bruggen maybe though I’m not sure what state that is In nowadays.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
I don't believe we have the resources or funding to even consider this. With the defence budget not even getting a mention let alone an increase this tells us all we need to know how any government regards the Armed Forces. It will all be too late when they need us.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
We could buy anything we want, but no way could we man anything else! On the recent CT-FS Armourer PSB 6 of the top 12 are being picked up on talent markers with 1 SJAR as a CT!

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
We could buy anything we want, but no way could we man anything else! On the recent CT-FS Armourer PSB 6 of the top 12 are being picked up on talent markers with 1 SJAR as a CT!
I expect they are long time served Sgts though.

I was told to only try for FS if I really wanted to be a WO. Shittest rank out of all of them, you stopped being a technician and became a man manager.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I expect they are long time served Sgts though.

I was told to only try for FS if I really wanted to be a WO. Shittest rank out of all of them, you stopped being a technician and became a man manager.

Some, not all.

dctyke

Corporal
And I thought I did well getting mine after six and a half years as a chief in the 90s. The aircraft mech trade that we are being lumped in to c/t’s must be loving this.