• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is AI finally good enough to take my job?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
The increasing use of ChatGPT is rapidly changing the landscape of many industries, and has the potential to revolutionize the way we learn. From customer service to content creation, ChatGPT can help streamline workflows and save time and effort. But beyond its practical applications, ChatGPT can also be used for educational purposes, such as language learning or answering questions for students. As more and more people and industries adopt ChatGPT, it will be exciting to see how it transforms the way we work and learn. Are you using ChatGPT yet?

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Are you using ChatGPT yet?
No as our resident IT Biff I haven't a clue what it's function is. Not a dumb question (well maybe) what is it? Does it write student essays for them, is it some sort of cheat bot for script and articles. I don't understand it, heck I wouldn't even know where to access it/ download it or whatever you do with it.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
No as our resident IT Biff I haven't a clue what it's function is. Not a dumb question (well maybe) what is it? Does it write student essays for them, is it some sort of cheat bot for script and articles. I don't understand it, heck I wouldn't even know where to access it/ download it or whatever you do with it.
Don't worry, even if you're as tech-savvy as a hamster, using ChatGPT is a piece of cake. No cheating, though - it's strictly for answering questions!

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
I guess your post was written using ChatGPT?

Scary stuff how good it is. It has blagged somebody a job by completing their writing their job application, has completed Uni essays among other things.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
All my posts were ChatGPT, unedited…..

I’ve been using at work for a couple of months, scarily handy, I’ve said for a long time that pure knowledge is not as valuable as practical application of knowledge, seems like EQ may finally be taking over from IQ.

This post isn’t ChatGPT.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Market data, presentation scripts/outlines, workforce planning, communications, social media posts.

Summaries of long documents and reports.

CV sifting, assessment questions.

Most of the time its a starter for 10, sometimes you can cut and paste.

Junter

LAC
You have to be careful using Chatgpt to write eassays and reports and try to pass it off as your own work. If you ask Chatgpt "did you write this?" it will have no problem bubbling you up.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
Just asked the question "explain the peavey radial pro drums to me"

Not a difficult question to answer. It answers as follows.

"The Peavey Radial Pro Drums are a type of electronic drum set designed for use in live performances and recording studios. They are known for their high-quality sound, durability, and versatility.

The Radial Pro Drums consist of a set of drum pads, which are triggered by electronic sensors to produce drum sounds. The drum pads are made of durable materials and are designed to simulate the feel and response of acoustic drums.

The Radial Pro Drums also feature a built-in drum module, which contains a variety of drum sounds and allows the user to customize their drum kit. The module includes a range of preset drum kits, as well as the ability to create and save custom kits.

In addition, the Radial Pro Drums feature a range of connectivity options, including MIDI and USB, which allow the user to connect to a computer or other devices for recording and playback.

Overall, the Peavey Radial Pro Drums are a high-quality, versatile electronic drum set that is suitable for a wide range of musical styles and applications."

Very specific question with a very easily researched answer and ChatGPT has provided a completely wrong answer.

Can it be trusted yet to not provide misinformation.

I think not yet.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Had my Chf Eng suggest it could write entire contracts.....

Oh well I replied, it couldn't do any worse a job than those pillocks involved in Ajax......

PSFbeatch

Corporal
The increasing use of ChatGPT is rapidly changing the landscape of many industries, and has the potential to revolutionize the way we learn. From customer service to content creation, ChatGPT can help streamline workflows and save time and effort. But beyond its practical applications, ChatGPT can also be used for educational purposes, such as language learning or answering questions for students. As more and more people and industries adopt ChatGPT, it will be exciting to see how it transforms the way we work and learn. Are you using ChatGPT yet?
I use it - but I would exercise caution as it’s a trial product so only really returns info prior to 2021.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I use it - but I would exercise caution as it’s a trial product so only really returns info prior to 2021.
Agree, generally use it as a starter for 10, needed to nominate one of our apprentices for an award the other day, I asked for a 300 word submission and gave it some bullet points on the criteria and the individual and the result was 90% there, a little bit of tinkering and job done, 15 minute job rather than an hour or so.

If I were writing PDRs it would be my first point of call.

PSFbeatch

Corporal
Agree, generally use it as a starter for 10, needed to nominate one of our apprentices for an award the other day, I asked for a 300 word submission and gave it some bullet points on the criteria and the individual and the result was 90% there, a little bit of tinkering and job done, 15 minute job rather than an hour or so.

If I were writing PDRs it would be my first point of call.
Not going to lie. Totally used it for mine this year!