• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Iron Maiden

• Thread starter Mentaldrummer1980
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mentaldrummer1980

The mighty Iron Maiden are playing a one off gig at the Brixton Academy on the 24 june in aid of their previous drummer, Clive Burr who has MS. This will be their last UK show of 07. It will be awesome to see them in a smaller venue like Brixton.
I got first dibs on tickets, as part of the fan club presale, So i will be there and i cant wait. Any one on here going??
Maiden are the best band i have seen live and this will be my third time. I couldnt get tickets to see them at Download as i am working so this is an added bonus. its a shame i cant be there to watch them educate the EMO kids on real metal lol.
Maiden are still going strong after nearly 30 years and in my eyes are the greatest original metal band still around.
So on the eve of their headlining performance at Download I thought I would ask you fellow Egoaters,

1. "What first got you into liking Maiden"??
2. "What album/Albums would you rate as their best"??
3. "What song/Songs would you rate as their best"??
4. "Any stories from past gigs/meeting them etc etc"??

For me my brother got me into Maiden during the eighties. My favorite album's have to be number of the beast/Somewhere in time/A matter of life and death my Favourite songs are Iron Maiden/The Trooper/Number of the beast/Aces high/Wasted years/Paschendale/The longest day. I was lucky enough to meet their drummer Nicko Mcbrain whilst at Drummer live 06 and he is a really nice guy. He performed a half hour showcase and i have to say he is one of the greatest metal drummers still out there.

I look forward to your replies

Cheers MD

Last edited:

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Number of the Beast Album
Number of the Beast Album
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Seen them twice, Dusseldorf,Ipswich - fantastic gigs!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
Wrathchild
Number of the beast
Hallowed be thy name
I fenced against Bruce Dickinson at a competition in Norwich once. I lost. Obviously

As they are my favourite band in the whole wide world I have "The Trooper" tattooed on my left arm

Bit of a strange first post, but I just couldnt resist

Well im wasnt there to catch them first time around, so it was there appearance on Grand Theft Auto: Vice City!

Number of the beast, seventh son of a seventh son, powerslave

Hallowed be thy name by far

unfortunately not, considered going to download but it clashed with other things :(

Stingray

Sergeant
never realised who they to be honest, but saw a band who i thought were covering some metal bands music in a pub in East London back in early 90's.
Was only two weeks later that I'd realised it was them doing a favour for local landlord.....bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_09:

M

Mentaldrummer1980

What pub??

What pub??

never realised who they to be honest, but saw a band who i thought were covering some metal bands music in a pub in East London back in early 90's.
Was only two weeks later that I'd realised it was them doing a favour for local landlord.....bugger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Can you remember what the pub was called?? Maiden were massive in the early nineties so the only pub i can imagine that they would play for a favour would be where they started out back in the day at the Ruskin Arms??

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Running Free
Killers/Piece of Mind
Hallowed be thy name/Children of the damned
None sorry Except some gifted appo (Not me) once painted the cover to Aces high on the wall of CTTS crewroom[/QUOTE]

As an aside, I have the original Women in uniform 12" single with the Maggie cover :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
Can you remember what the pub was called?? Maiden were massive in the early nineties so the only pub i can imagine that they would play for a favour would be where they started out back in the day at the Ruskin Arms??

One of their (ex) Roadies owned a pub in Norwich and they played there under various guises, The Nodding Donkeys being one.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Magnum used to use a similar poly with Tonypandy Naval club.
Ah the old days, walk in the door and stick rigidly to the middle of the room. Powders and tablets to the left and resin to the right. :pDT_Xtremez_42: :pDT_Xtremez_31:

H

HTB736

up the irons

up the irons

my older brother had a big poster of eddie ridding a bike on a union jack road
2."What album/Albums would you rate as their best"??
Piece of Mind
The trooper/aces high
seen them at down load a few years back awsome

cant go this year as wife 8 months pregnant

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
My cuz, cheers Daz!!

Live After Death

Number Of The Beast

Never seen them live:pDT_Xtremez_21:

BBC2 Tonight, 7 Ages Of Rock, The Heavy Metal Story

3Chordwonder

Not really my cup of tea - however, you metal-goaters might be interested to know that Bruce Dickenson is actually the Patron of the RAF LIve Music Association.

He maybe attending an RAF music event soon.....

MingMong

Warrant Officer
Bit of a late reply on this one, but i've been away at Donington all weekend watching among others the mighty IRON MAIDEN!

And as Uber Pikey has already mentioned, I do have tickets for Brixton and can't wait to see them in an intimate venue. They were awesome at download, but I will do a full review of my weekends moshing once I have recovered from the weekends excesses.

anyhow:-

what first got you into Maiden?

Would definately be my big sister, who dragged me to Monsters of Rock in 1988 at donington to see them, and was there with me 19 years later this weekend to see them again.

What album/Albums would you rate as their best

Seventh Son and Number of the Beast

What song/Songs would you rate as their best

The Trooper

Any stories from past gigs/meeting them etc etc

Seen them 5 times so far (6th in a couple of weeks)
My sister used to fence for England and boasted Bruce Dickinson as a team-mate.
I watched Bruce interviewing Corey Taylor (Slipknot and Stone sour) for his Radio6 rock show this weekend at donnington, after the interview, Corey went out to sign a few autographs while Bruce got on with his show.

Last edited:

uber pikey

Sergeant
Bit of a late reply on this one, but i've been away at Donington all weekend watching among others the mighty IRON MAIDEN!

And as Uber Pikey has already mentioned, I do have tickets for Brixton and can't wait to see them in an intimate venue. They were awesome at download, but I will do a full review of my weekends moshing once I have recovered from the weekends excesses.

anyhow:-

what first got you into Maiden?

Would definately be my big sister, who dragged me to Monsters of Rock in 1988 at doning ton to see them, and was there with me 19 years later this weekend to see them again.

What album/Albums would you rate as their best

Seventh Son and Number of the Beast

What song/Songs would you rate as their best

The Trooper

Any stories from past gigs/meeting them etc etc

Seen them 5 times so far (6th in a couple of weeks)
My sister used to fence for England and boasted Bruce Dickinson as a team-mate.
I watched Bruce interviewing Corey Taylor (Slipknot and Stone sour) for his Radio6 rock show this weekend at donnington, after the interview, Corey went out to sign a few autographs while Bruce got on with his show.

I hate you sooo much, can I come

P

PLC1966

The track 'Woman in Uniform'

Iron Maiden 'Iron Maiden' - A real blast of exciting rock (with an edge of punk)..

Phantom of the Opera, Wrathchild.

I remember turning up at the Hammersmith Odeon during one of the 'Piece of Mind' gigs, Friday night, on the way home from RAF Hullavington to Colchester, RAF kitbag on my shoulder ! Very Rock 'n'Roll

[/QUOTE]

I saw Maiden half a dozen times on the Killers, Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind tours, but after that I lost interest. I really enjoyed the Paul Di'Anno Albums (Iron Maiden & Killers, Maiden Japan EP etc). Real raw rock music.

After they got in Bruce from Samson, I felt that they had become more Rock establishment, a proper Rock band rather than a bunch of rough arse outsiders.

Man in Black

Corporal
My brother constantly playing their albums loud. Couldn't help but like it

2."What album/Albums would you rate as their best"??
SSOASS/Killers/Iron Maiden

Hallowed Be Thy Name/Number of the Beast/Run to the Hills/Infinate Dreams

Saw them in 2002 at Earl's Court. Absolutely blew me away. Better live than they are on vinyl (showing my age now!)

M

monobrow

Well it was actually a vinyl I found in my dads collection of Run to the hills/fear of the dark

Never bought any!

Fear of the dark live....

Now here's the reason for replying... I found out after one of me mates from school and his family left for portugal, that his uncle is Steve Harris. I have been in his mansion, and he has watched me play guitar in a school concert. When I was wrapping up the kit he told me "Keep it up mate, you'll do well in this business" to which I ignored him, not knowing at the time who the hell he was. Still have my guitar, but done f*ck all with it really since joining up.

sooty77

LAC
What first got you into liking Maiden?

A mate of mine when I was at school was into them and played me some, I was hooked from then.

What album(s) do you rate as their best?
Number of the beast!!!!

What song(s) would you rate as their best?

The Trooper is mint and the art work of Eddie as a British solider holding the union flag is quality

Any stories from past gigs/ meeting them etc?

I met Bruce Dickenson last year when I was doing a airshow with the mighty flying death banana got his autograph and went all crap and girly, he was telling me all about various aircraft, he is a proper avation bore!!!! And a short arse, still a legend!

Status
Not open for further replies.