• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

IR/ SDSR

Captain Kirk

Corporal
About a month ago pal of mine said that the latest he'd heard was that the RAF was likely to lose 10% of it's present manning. We surmised it was Benson, but then ridiculed the idea...

That's an interesting read. Add to that manpower shortages and lack of wannabe Scottish tax payers, and the picture gets much clearer. Close Benson, crewmen to Chinny and ISTAR and pilots galore to retrain. Mothball the J? Well obviously the A400 is now as advertised.

Anyone who thinks the RAF is safe from the IR is going to get their eyes, if not their ar5e, opened in a couple of months.

No news on the pay announcement yet either...... I've heard no credible rumours on that yet.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
redundancy Ts&Cs have changed since the last time round as well.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Aye, I think it's just 3 months now. I can't remember the last set of terms, but I think they left you out of the selection if you were over 50 or in first 3 years of service or first 3 years after a promotion.
I don't see too many redundancies, though as we're short anyway, just maybe a case of apples and oranges in places.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Close Benson, crewmen to Chinny and ISTAR and pilots galore to retrain.

One does not simply send crewmen to ISTAR...they wriggled and squirmed really hard to avoid going down that route in the first place or weren’t academically up to it.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Lol, and many get scurvy north of the border. The ball is hard now, it would seem, do it or leave. The BTA guys have started a real war on an internal chat room.