• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishCop

LAC
G'day Royal Air Force (said with an Irish accent), just a quick intro to get the ball rolling.

Like many Australians of my vintage, I worked in partnership with the British Forces in SE Asia during the 1960's and 70's and during that period made many long time friends, some of which left the British Forces and joined the Aussies.

I came to Australia from Ireland in the early 1960's and have served in both Australian Military and State Police since arriving in Australia - I am now retired.

I initially joined the Supply Branch but later transferred to MP.

Anyhow, that's my intro and whilst I may not be able to contribute much in the way of current RAFP matters but I do have an interest in international military, police and other general social topics including the Irish diaspora and Irish Australian history; and so perhaps we may find something in common.

My user name reflects both my heritage and occupation.

Cheers.

G

gemarriott

Welcome mate and g'day. I bet life is busy for a cop in the land of convicts:pDT_Xtremez_06:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Welcome Irish!
Sending a Paddy cop to Australia?
A bit like sending a poacher to catch a thief!
:pDT_Xtremez_15:

IrishCop

LAC
Welcome Irish!
Sending a Paddy cop to Australia?
A bit like sending a poacher to catch a thief!
:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Actually the Irish in Australia did very well for themselves, thank you.:pDT_Xtremez_28:

I so far as IrishCops are concerned, at one time 80% of the Victoria Police Force were Irish born and half of those had served in the Royal Irish Constabulary.

Here is the reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Australian

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.