• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hunstanton Area

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Unbeknownst to me the wife has booked us a weeks "holiday" in a cottage just outside Hunstanton with the in-laws for a week. Can anybody recommend any good days out in the area, there will be 3 kids and 4 adults. ANy good eateries/pubs in the area would be appreciated too. Thanks dudes.

roverboy

Trekkie Nerd
There's an ideal area for plane spotting a few miles south on a big hill. Just head south to King's Lynn and then head towards Narborough. You'll find it!!!!!

Seriously, the Norfolk Broads are nearby and the north Norfolk Coast is very nice. Wells-next-the-sea, Sheringham, Cromer for seaside resorts. Bressingham steam museum for the kids maybe?

P

POB

The Sandringham Estate is there too...Pop in and say Hi to the Boss...

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
the one thing that is good about the swamps is the standard of pubs and resturants. I have been in this area for 5 years and have yet to find a bad one. norfolk is very seasonal with the holidays so the places have to be good for the locals to keep spending their money there!!!!!!!!!

If you are in norwich down on the riverside there is:
Frankie and bennys
new orleans
wetherspoon
Thai resturant on a boat
An all you can eat chinese called riverside. (mint place)

Kings lynn if you visit it. (my advice is dont its rubbish::p: )has various eaterys
india gate & thai orchid (v good)
pearl river chinese.

cromer is crab city so everything is with crab! also no matter wot the weather it's bloody windy!

There is on the road from KL to sunny hunny a place called the orange grove or word to that effect, i have been told its very good.

Basically jump in somewhere and you'll most likely find it good food.

Forestfan

SAC
Check out The Feathers Hotel at Dersingham, down the hill from Sandringham, great place to eat with a play area for the kids. Brancaster has a massive beach and good pubs to eat at, loads to do in Norfolk. Failing that, just sit back and spot the inbreds.....

K

Kernow

Unbeknownst to me the wife has booked us a weeks "holiday" in a cottage just outside Hunstanton with the in-laws for a week. Can anybody recommend any good days out in the area, there will be 3 kids and 4 adults. ANy good eateries/pubs in the area would be appreciated too. Thanks dudes.

Did she not like the anniversary present?

norfolkred1

Sergeant
If the kids are into Tanks and things try the Mucklebrugh Collection round the corner near Weybourne.

Great Yarmouth has had a face lift as well.

The Lavender farm near Hunstanton is also a good visit for the wife of.

Cromer is OK for a day visit.

Norwich market is also a nice place to visit, pie and peas and all that murlarky on sale.

P

prop135

There is a Kite surfing Comp going on at Hunni this weekend if you are there, there is normally loads going on around it that isn't kite based.

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
If you are into oil, steam and smoke, another interesting trip is the North Norfolk Railway which runs between Sheringham and Holt.

At Thornham you'll find a 16th century alehouse called The Lifeboat Inn. Excellent food which is either shot, caught or dug locally plus good ale too.

At Pensthorpe near Fakenham there is a wild bird sanctuary, formal and informal gardens, nature conservation, etc.

Thursday is Fakenham market and auction, the same for Swaffham on Saturday.

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
Check out The Feathers Hotel at Dersingham, down the hill from Sandringham, great place to eat with a play area for the kids. Brancaster has a massive beach and good pubs to eat at, loads to do in Norfolk. Failing that, just sit back and spot the inbreds.....

Second that Pub recommendation, went in there at the weekend combined with a trip to the Beach with the kids and a stroll around Sandringham.
Very nice.

Plumber

Flight Sergeant
Get to Holkam beach, you will be pleased you did. There's nothing there in the way of touristing stuff, so the kids wont be can I have, can I have, can I have, but the beach is huge and beautiful and you can always find your own spot on it without being squashed up like a sardine. There loads of stately homes and gardens to wander around (too many to mention). If you go into Norwich there is the castle museum and loads of good shops and pubs in the city centre area (avoid going to the riverside its full of chavs, but it does have a multiplex cinema). There is also a new mall there to keep the women happy.

Cake or Death

Flight Sergeant
If you are a real ale man i highly reccomend THE FAT CAT in norwich. it has about 15-35 ale on tap. voted ale pub of the year or summat like that twelvety million times in a row. as for the food the crisps and pork scratchings were fine. but i was toooooo wasted to remember anything else.

Forestfan

SAC
If you are a real ale man i highly reccomend THE FAT CAT in norwich. it has about 15-35 ale on tap. voted ale pub of the year or summat like that twelvety million times in a row. as for the food the crisps and pork scratchings were fine. but i was toooooo wasted to remember anything else.

Seconded!!

FF

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
I am not a geek but the museum at neatishead is a quality day oot. :pDT_Xtremez_28: Well maybe just a wee bit!!

Which has only been awarded ‘best small visitor attraction in England’ this year by the English tourist board. Open Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 5pm, though give yourselves at least 3 hours to see the place. Link to their web site is here.

Major Geek

Sergeant
Which has only been awarded ‘best small visitor attraction in England’ this year by the English tourist board. Open Tuesday and Thursday 10am to 5pm, though give yourselves at least 3 hours to see the place. Link to their web site is here.

Well, if its as good as the web site then its looks like its worth a visit.