• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How To Put In A JPA Claim?

S

Shitehawk

Does anyone have a cheatsheet for putting in a claim? There was one kicking around here but it got lost when we moved. I havent put a claim in for yonks.

All I need to claim for is a missed lunch, evening meal out (hotel was paid for) & IE. I keep going through different menu screens but I'm fcuked if I can find the right bit.

Any help would be good.:pDT_Xtremez_40: Ta.

Drill Bit

Sergeant
Does anyone have a cheatsheet for putting in a claim? There was one kicking around here but it got lost when we moved. I havent put a claim in for yonks.

All I need to claim for is a missed lunch, evening meal out (hotel was paid for) & IE. I keep going through different menu screens but I'm fcuked if I can find the right bit.

Any help would be good.:pDT_Xtremez_40: Ta.
Send me your logon and passowrd and i'll do it for you. Surely you must have an HR Professional who can assist you with these admin tasks?

Click JPA Expenses - Click Create New Expense Claim - Enter Gen Info (Type of Claim - Duty Travel for IE) - Click Next - Click Details Box on line 1 - Input Expense Type etc etc

fed_up_scribbly

Corporal
You gotta be having a laugh - JPA has been in for 4 years now FFS!! Why are we still getting such basic questions - surely people have mastered/been taught the rudiments of the self-service bits by now even if they might need some help with entitlements. I thought the self-service guides were quite good.......

Last edited:
is it any wonder admin were put up to the higher pay band when they still have to put up with this type of thing 4 years after JPA was introduced??!!

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Here's an idea. Help him or shut the fcuk up.

JPABitch

LAC
****ehawk - if you log onto the sytem and select i-expenses, then create a new expense claim, at the top left of the screen is an i-expense Help button which should give you all the information that you might need to complete your claim without having to leave the screen. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Elwood

SAC
You gotta be having a laugh - JPA has been in for 4 years now FFS!! Why are we still getting such basic questions - surely people have mastered/been taught the rudiments of the self-service bits by now even if they might need some help with entitlements. I thought the self-service guides were quite good.......

Mastered/been taught by who exactly?

It is not beyond the wit of man to understand that some of us do not often have the opportunity to go somewhere in our own car, buy lunch and sleep in a hotel. I work at low levels, so if you can claim for lunch, why not have a 'claim for lunch' button, or I lived in a hotel and this is how much I spent page. How is MIE and PIE paid? Do you claim seperately? God knows!

Bottom line is that there are loads out there who don't know, so are missing their entitlements.

And no, I don't have a HR professional - I have an AGC SPS Clerk - that ain't the same thing!

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
It's quite easy really

It's quite easy really

Get into the expenses part of JPA.

Create new expense

Look at the screen, Other duty should be auto inserted, type in the authority for your claim Admin Order Reference or something similar. Unless you are over seas nothing else here to do so click on the button that lets you go forward.

You've probably got a screen full of empty lines, towards the end of the lines is a little icon that lets you enter details into a line, click on this.

Now you are on the details screen get IE out of the way, select expense type as Incidental Expenses, this then updates the screen and you can see what information you now need to enter, enter it, click on the update button, if you've done it right there should be a total of £5 for each night away (don't forget it's per night not day).

If you've missed something when you pressed the update button there will be some red text telling you to complete the relevant entry. Once you're happy click on the button that says next or new line.

In this box you need to select Subsistence Allowance (or something very similar), when completing this box you need to understand the 5 and 24 hour rule - you get nothing for your first 5 hours of each 24 hour period, unless you go beyond 5 hours away, so if you are away for 4 hours you get nothing, 16 hours and you get a daily rate, 26 hours still only one days rates 29 hours 1 minute get an extra days allowances, and this goes on and on.

So enter the number of days away and the total of you receipts or non-receipted claims, making sure you don't go over the daily limits. Add any other information as necessary. Do not enter details about the accommodation unless you are claiming accommodation costs, otherwise it messes it all up. Once you're happy press update, correct any mistakes and then click on next, accept the terms and conditions, save the claim, submit the claim, print it off and attach any receipts, write the P number in big Numbers so it'll be easier to find in case of audit. Spend money.

This might not be the exact pathway (I'm not near JPA at the mo) but it should get you started.

Last edited:

J A F F A

LAC
There are various other guides produced by all 3 services that you can find in the JPA Portal Media Centre

Links to Intranet material removed - Mono

Last edited by a moderator: