• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hotel on overseas posting

The Logitician

Corporal
I am posted overseas next month and have found out / been told I may be entitled to2 nights stay in a hotel. Currently OOA so have very limited means of finding out, can anyone shed any light on the matter for me, how it works, allowance/rates per night?

Thanks

Stingray

Sergeant
I am posted overseas next month and have found out / been told I may be entitled to2 nights stay in a hotel. Currently OOA so have very limited means of finding out, can anyone shed any light on the matter for me, how it works, allowance/rates per night?

Thanks

Would be handy to know where you are going to as there are slight differences in local rules.

Woodja

Corporal
JSP 752 Chapter 3 Section 1 para 03.0164:

JSP 752 03.0164 said:
Where Service personnel permanently assigned from the UK to an overseas duty station unavoidably incur hotel expenses (eg they are required to move out of their residence at duty station for Service reasons prior to their departure date) they are entitled to claim subsistence allowances for up to 3 nights for themselves and their immediate accompanying family, or up to 4 nights when a Sunday or Public Holiday is included.

that is for the uk - para 03.0165 gives guidance on what you can receive on arrival in the overseas theatre if families accomodation is not available (basically, up to 14 nights, or exceptionally up to 28 if approved by the CO)

I'm at an overseas unit (in the U.S.) and we got 3 nights in a hotel even though we got the keys to our MQ on the second day (i.e. after one night), to give us time to get household stuff sorted before we moved in properly.