• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help with viruses

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
All good gen gents...I knew the E-Goat geeks wouldn't let me down...You're all invited around mine if you can read the house number theough your beer bottle bottomed specs so I can kick sand in your faces....

Keep it coming so I don't have to do anything myself....zzzzzzzzzzz

For helping you out vim, the bottles we stare through the bottom of will be the ones that you supply for us being gracious enough to help ;-)

K

katinthehat

Ok... my turn to ask for help folks!
Not virus stuff - can manage that bit ta.

My problem, is that my Messenger keeps cutting out for no reason - disconnecting, and missing bits I send or people send me.

Any suggestions please??
Its driving me nuts!!!!
Thought this was the ideal place to put it.

CodeMonkey

Flight Sergeant
Ok... my turn to ask for help folks!
Not virus stuff - can manage that bit ta.

My problem, is that my Messenger keeps cutting out for no reason - disconnecting, and missing bits I send or people send me.

Any suggestions please??
Its driving me nuts!!!!
Thought this was the ideal place to put it.

Does it cut out after long periods or short periods?
Are you connected directly to your router/modem or are you using wireless?

K

katinthehat

Does it cut out after long periods or short periods?
Are you connected directly to your router/modem or are you using wireless?

Im wireless, on the largest area router I could get, and the connection to t'interweb stays - just Messenger that dies. And it does it frequently. Have uninstalled it and re installed it - but no joy.

M

monobrow

Noticed that one recently too, but only when chatting to someone the conversation window goes, move mouse over MSN and it dissapears. Not really a big problem but annoying all the same!

A

asgaard

Avast is a good ant-virus scanner and I'm trying out a new Firewall, Comodo, used to have Zone Alarm...I ditched it cos it didn't stop a Trojan, that Avast subsequently picked up and destroyed.. I find a nice reg clean helps spped up a pc, if you download a free trial and never allow it internet access it becomes a loooonng trial..

G

grumpyoldb

Spybot S&D and Ad-aware for me. Both freeware, and will remove all the spycrap from your system.

Kaspersky antivirus and firewall is the best out there. About £30 per year, but with unlimited updates.

www.kaspersky.com

There's a free trial vers. on there.

Last edited:

FairyNuff

LAC
Spybot, Adware SE, Zone Alarm Free and AVG 7.5 Free................... don't get any problems..............(touch laminated particle board)

All Freebies.... just make sure you keep 'em up to date and run a scan frequentlyish

Cheers FN :pDT_Xtremez_28:

H

holedweller

Spybot, Adware SE, Zone Alarm Free and AVG 7.5 Free................... don't get any problems..............(touch laminated particle board)

All Freebies.... just make sure you keep 'em up to date and run a scan frequentlyish

Cheers FN :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Run all of those appart from AVG 7.5.

Zone Alarm had some problems end of last year, which caused it to have no definitions, but thought it was up to date, fortunately I noticed it and re-installed it (had to clean the registry of all references as well). Unfortunately in the interim someone got a keylogger onto my system. Spybot didn't have a clue.

Got a copy of Xoftspy portable which picked up loads that Spybot missed, since then had no problems.

Avast antivirus also has a free version, which although it detects problems doesn't seem to get rid of them, but the moment it tries to quarentine them, Zone Alarm (which previously hadn't noticed anything) suddenly detects them and cleans them off the system. Avast also offers some security with IM software.