• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Help needed!

A

ammosgt

NO one seems to know the answer to advise me on this!!
LSA quirey - Army

Could somebody who is in the know advise me on my issue:

I have been promoted to Sgt and have moved out of the JNCO accomidation, i am Single living in.

I have not been posted as i have been promoted in a PID at my duty station.

I will be detached to another unit, of which i have moved my belongings to the mess there for the next 4 months.

So therefore i have not got a room at my duty station.

Does this mean i am entitled to LSA as i cannot return to my duty station at weekends/periods of rest etc

Or because i got a room in the new mess, i wont be able to claim for it?

Also is there anything else i can claim for?

Your help would be much appriciated at my duty station is very small with no admin staff in work!
Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote Blog this Post

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You need to inform your duty station Sergeants Mess that you need a room now. You're entitled to one. Make sure that you warn out at your duty station for each week you're away on detachment, otherwise you'll end up paying 2 mess bills.
Congratulations on your promotion.

Ping

A

ammosgt

I got a room in the Sgt mess at my detachment, but i havent got one at my permenent Duty station. Therefore i cannot return at weekends there or periods of standown. Does this mean i can claim LSA?

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Why haven't you got a room at your parent unit? Depending on the answer to this question will depend on what you are entitled to, not just LSA.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
You would be entitled to GHY based on the mileage between your duty unit and parent unit.

The fact that you have no room in the mess is a choice thing - you are entitled to one and they are obliged to give you a room, even if it is just for the weekends - you would only be charged for food & accom at your temporary duty station - its unfair to expect you to cart your life round with you for every course, regardless of its length.

A

ammosgt

Havent got a room there because i have been promoted from Cpl to Sgt moved out of the JNCO mess then sent on this detachment, without being given a room in the mess at my parent unit

R

Reformed Scribbly

have you contacted the SNCO mess at your parent unit to request a room?

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Havent got a room there because i have been promoted from Cpl to Sgt moved out of the JNCO mess then sent on this detachment, without being given a room in the mess at my parent unit

You aren't 'given' a room anymore...You walk in, warn-in then get given a key in a hotel styly...Then when you leave whether it be 3 days or 3 years later you warn-out and throw your key over the reception counter.

You can phone your parent Sgt's mess reception and book a room in advance. The next weekend you get off go back and dump your gear in it but warn out before leaving so you don't get charged for food etc.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If time permits grab a crusty old SNCO on the section or even better the Sqn WO and ask him nicely to show you the ropes and explain the rules of the house to you. The reason why you do not have a room in the mess at your parent unit right now could just be as simple as you have yet to ask. Good luck with it all and congrats on the promotion

A

ammosgt

Thanks for the great replys on this one, at my detachment i believe if i cannot claim LSA, then can i get GYH? IE? anything else? please help. You lot are so much better than the lads on ARRSE!

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Goes without saying really, we're used to looking after our own affairs a bit more than the average Tom:pDT_Xtremez_14:

A

ammosgt

Claims help

Claims help

Hi there,
Just been promoted to Sgt, moved out of my JNCO room but been detached to another unit for 6 months as a Sgt.

Moved into the detachment units mess.

Phoned back to my unit to ask for a room to return to at weekends and periods of standown but was given a non availibilty of accomidation chit.

Now what?

LSA? anything else i can claim for? IE ? MMA? Disurbance allowence? Food?

Am i entittled to any relocation leave?

Please could you advise!

Many thanks in advance

**Threads merged** They are asking more or less the same questions so there is no need to have multiple threads running.

Woodja

Corporal
Your unit HR should have been able to advise you on this (who am I kidding - I have met a few AGC clerks over the years, and they scare me)

You are entitled to GYH(M) from the detachment unit back to your normal place.

You are entitled to IE for the first 30 calendar days of the detachment (claimed via JPA Expenses)

You are entitled to MMA for the original journey from your normal place of duty to the detachment unit.

You are entitled to claim after the completion of the duty the MMA for journey back to your normal place of duty.

You are not entitled to Disturbance Allowance as this is only for permanent moves.

With regards to food - should be no entitlement to claim back food if the detachment unit has a mess.

You should also have been advised about the need to buy Mess Dress and the grant you can get for that - in this case, you will need to contact your RAO as the rate varies between services.

A

ammosgt

Why GYH(M) if i havent got a place to go at my permenant duty station because i got a non availibility of accomidation?