• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hello all

Hello all,

A KOS here, having a look to see what news and opinions are around after many years away from both aviation and the RAF.

Regards

Wapinschaw

How many years out?

How many years out?

Rather more than I realised, 36 to be nearly exact! 20 or so in aviation, then 15 in oil and gas condition monitoring, reliability related studies and maintenance planning. Retired last year, pushed along by a number of health issues.

Since leaving I have always kept an eye on defence related matters, and have followed the fortunes and disasters wrought on all our Forces by enemies and politicians alike.

The attitudes of commitment, loyalty and integrity taught all those years ago at Halton may no longer be fashionable in some quarters, but they lifted me out of what could have been a very mediocre life in Tyneside's declining industries, and took me to places that many would struggle to find in an atlas.

During my time I experienced boredom, on occasion had the crap scared out of me, was more than once roasting under a Middle East sun, then back to being cold, wet and dog tired, but corny as it may sound would do it all again. Well, some of it anyway.