• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gulf Video

BAWBAG

LAC
:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the First Gulf War vidoe that was floating around. It had Phil Collins "In the air tonight playing". Lookin for a copy will pay postage.

And yes even though I've left Kinloss and now a trucker for a living I AM STILL A CABBAGE!!!!

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Is this a video of Aircraft filmed during the Gulf War with Phil Collins music on it?

Have you tried posting on PPRUNE. There are alot of Pilots and Navs who probably flew during that particular skirmish...............incidentaly did you know that Radio One was banned from playing "In the Air Tonight" during the First Gulf War as it was deemed to be Politically insensitive.

B

Bluntend

Have you tried posting on PPRUNE.

Nerdy, are you on commission to Pprune?

:pDT_Xtremez_15:

...incidentaly did you know that Radio One was banned from playing "In the Air Tonight" during the First Gulf War as it was deemed to be Politically insensitive.

Perhaps Radios 1, 2, 3 and 4 (not to mention my local radio station - Country Bumpkin FM) should all be banned from playing anything by Phil Colins not because of 'Political Insensitivity' but just sheer 'insensitivity'?

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

T

The Green Scopie

They banned a number of songs including Suicide is Painless (MASH Theme). Pity as it was also the most requested dedication song for the Medics.:pDT_Xtremez_42:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
I prefer the "Cameltoe Song", played a lot on BFBS in the Gulf, yet banned on BFBS MPA "because the Benny's might get upset". Very funny!

M

M_for_Mother

I suspect that its called 'The Boys from Baghdad'. I think I'm right in saying that it was an ITN special report on the Air War from the RAF perspective. It was a cracking video and if you can't buy it from either Amazon or ITN website then try posting on PPrune - almost every Flying Sqn in the RAF has a copy on video.

D

DOO again

Twas called the Boys from Bahrain and has shots of the tops floor in the Diplomat etc. I have a copy and I am trying to get an IT Geek to copy it to disc. I will let you know the outcome.

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

I have a copy - its on VHS mind! Keep meaning to get it transfered to something more modern!! Good watching..v emotional and nostalgic!! In the air tonight is indeed one of the highlights and the video and is the only thing I think of when I hear it. RIP those who featured and are not with us now!

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

It was the TVAM (remember that pop pickers?) compilation and outakes - the best bit of journalism seen in years!! Those journalists did look young in those days...

mightyhunter

Sergeant
BAWBAG said:
:pDT_Xtremez_32:

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the First Gulf War vidoe that was floating around. It had Phil Collins "In the air tonight playing". Lookin for a copy will pay postage.

And yes even though I've left Kinloss and now a trucker for a living I AM STILL A CABBAGE!!!!
haw bawbag, sure it wasn't Phil Collins other famous song 'No Jacket Required'!!:pDT_Xtremez_15:
ah thank you!!

Last edited:
D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

stax - great tune - like the chorus!!
So any tech it geeks that can heip me out??? Vhs to DVD via a Sony Vid player, Camcorder and an Apple...how hard can it be????

Stax

Flight Sergeant
You are more than welcome TIB. How do I get audio tape onto PC to enable me to make CD's. I've got loads of classic soul stuff on tape, and I want it on my MP3, any ideas out there?

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
I have a VHS copy, will have a go at getting it to AVI or DVD (Will do it in an image format). Then I will hang it on limewire or geocites so people can download it

tourettes

Corporal
Gulf Video

Bawbag, just been having a clear out and found this video on an old cd in avi format.

If its the same one you are talking about it was done by gmtv and had the said Phil Collins track in the back ground. If you want it a copy let me know and I'll chuck it in snail mail to you.

Get Tae

Flight Sergeant
Hello Matey , i have a copy somewhere you can get when you are up for that leaving doo.
It has vids of the Bucc boys showing the tonka hoopers how to actually hit something with a bomb.
They didnt like being moved out of the sun shelters to let us in.

Last edited:
T

Tigger

I have a copy, it's also got a load of out takes and a copy of Whitesnake 'Here I go again on my own' set to low level flying. At the end is the uncensored bombing vids.

B

Bill Bones

I saw one called 'Boys from Bahrain' but it was shot to Whitesnake's Here I Go Again'

Dessie pink Tonkas, Jaguars and Buccaneers in it?

Tis tres cool

Peace Out :pDT_Xtremez_28:

BB

E

enginesuck

There is a topic on pprune - military aircrew about the boys from bahrain with a link to patricks aviation where there is a free 5 min download of the buccs jags and tonkas in action with the whitesnake soundtrack. There is also guy on there selling the full 15 min version on dvd via ebay i think all proceeds to British legion.

All a bit geeky if you ask me !!!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

M

maninthevan

If anyone has a copy, I would be eternally grateful if you could spare a copy. I have the ability to transfer VHS to DVD if anyone wants it........ Will reimburse any costs incurred. (within reason of course!!!)

Cheers Peeps....