• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gortex Pro Boots

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Not sure about only being issued for cold places. I recently was issued a pair to go to the sandpit.... Winter months possibly for there but I don't think of that as Extreme Cold

I was issued a set for Iraq a few years ago. Wondered WTF I needed them for, but took them as spares anyway because they were bloody comfy.

Come February, it rained LOTS and completely flooded the site. They were appreciated then 'cos dessie Magnums are as waterproof as a teabag!

G

grim

I can recommend the 'feetfirst' re-sole service... My old Pro boots are still going strong with decent vibram soles on em... they've been remustered to bike boots now though.

B

big and daft

I have 2 brand new wind proofs stashed away, issued to me back in the mid 90's, prepared to sell for a reasonable price lol

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Leatherman? C stores I think - got bored of them filling my draw at work. Sadly the issue ones are rubbish (older ones) so still better off buying one from a BX

Nope 'L' stores mate......Off Topic

The boots are only supposed to be issued now-a-days if you are on a xmas tour to the afghan hole or if you have a med chit signed by a nice doctor to say you need them......... excpet of course all the other reasons.... friends in high places.

I'm a stacker and even I had to get a chit from the nice doc to get mine.

Good luck!!

H

hantslad

Ladies and Gents, I am now the proud owner of a brand new pair of gortext pro boots. They seem almost the same as my old dead pair, just without the red lining.

Unfortunately I had to accept a Christmas holiday in Iraq in order to get issued them

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Ladies and Gents, I am now the proud owner of a brand new pair of gortext pro boots. They seem almost the same as my old dead pair, just without the red lining.

Unfortunately I had to accept a Christmas holiday in Iraq in order to get issued them

In case I forget,
"we wish you a happy chritmas
tra la
etc..