• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goat meet in Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Anyone interested in a Goat meet up in Germany?

There are at least 5 goaters here on the site who are in country at present and maybe some ex RAFG goaters woul be interested.

Not sure about a host venue, that would have to be by mutual agreement.

Any thoughts on this?

TW

Shugster

Warrant Officer
I take it it'll be somewhere in Northern Germany, as that's where most of the goaters are?

I'm up for a meet, and a beer or two. :pDT_Xtremez_15:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Just make sure it's officially sanctioned.

I'd love an excuse to go back to Germany; it will just depend on where, when and how nice I am to CINC Home Command until then. :pDT_Xtremez_41:

Last edited by a moderator:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
As ever guys, please observe PerSec/OpSec and keep the final arrangements to PM.

Ta muchly.

M

mickeyccfc

I would be up for that!!! Oh yeh pull up a sand bag and all that!!!

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

If it's organised by us then it is, otherwise it's just a group of goaters going on the lash...

Mono,

At the moment, it is only a suggestion which has been recieved quite well so far from those goaters in Germany.

Don't forget that it is difficult for those overseas to attend an "official" meet up.

But I must ask the question. Is it really a bad thing if it is " just a group of of goaters going on the lash..."?

Is it not unreasonable that the guys out in Germany may wish to take up the spirit of the Goat on their turf?

Fomz,

Thanks for the reminder on persec etc. All arrangements will be made as per your suggestion.

TVM

TW

Last edited:

Shugster

Warrant Officer
Can we make it a Saturday night? I've got school on Saturday mornings, (That isn't a p1ss take BTW).

(BTW Talkwrench, I think you got the wrong end of the stick to what Mono was saying, he wasn't having a pop or trying to degrade your efforts. He was just saying it doesn't need an official nod as it's an impromptu do).
:pDT_Xtremez_26:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yes Shugster, I did get the wrong end of the stick.

From the interest on this thread and feedback from others via pm (including Mods), I don't think that this will be just an impromptu p1ss up.

It has the potential for much greater things.

I am waiting for some more info and then I will let everyone know more about the possibility of a meet and the way forward.

And t will be on a Saturday night, I too often have school on sat mornings.

TW

M

monobrow

(BTW Talkwrench, I think you got the wrong end of the stick to what Mono was saying, he wasn't having a pop or trying to degrade your efforts. He was just saying it doesn't need an official nod as it's an impromptu do).
:pDT_Xtremez_26:
To be fair, I could have worded it slightly better :pDT_Xtremez_21:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
With the possibility of UK goaters joining the German goaters, I suggest that we plan for a September Bash. Hopefully, this will be an Official Bash but I need to speak to Wobbly and Co first.

Any thoughts on planning the event for september?

TW

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
From the PM's I have received, September seems to be the best month to have a get together.

Due to the number of Goaters in Southern Germany, I think it is prudent to hold a meet there.

But,

Can we decide where please.

Across Germany, we could have a meet up in the following places.

Munich,

Cologne,

Frankfurt,

Hamburg,

Berlin.

All are accessible by cheap flights from both inside and outside of Germany.

PM's please as to the general consensus of location.

Cheers.

TW

Status
Not open for further replies.