• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Goat keeps going down?

P

POB

It seems to be happening all over, therefore a server problem. I am sure Wobbly is on it, or very soon will be.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
sorry folks,

Yes there is an intermittant problem with the server that holds the Mysql database on. This server is seperate to the server that the site is held on.

Fault has been reported to the hosts.

I will keep you all informed.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
Okay, it looks like we may have stumbled on the problem. Let me know if you get any database errors over the next few days.

The site may be a bit slow at the moment due to making an essential backup of the whole site (Over 1gb)

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Is anybody still having problems ? My 'todays posts' screen is playing up.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
My PMs wont send. Keeps saying I can only post after 60 secs of previous pm even though I hadnt sent one and the says I have to wait 61000seconds until I can send another.
Oh and my post in the Bahrain GP thread was 2nd but keeps getting bumped down to the bottom of the page!

Bleddy gremlins, bathe em in sunlight!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I have the SAC/JT promotion thread constantly updated after 1 min. Therefore always at the top of my latest post list.

M

monobrow

May have something to do with the problem TLS reported here -> http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14516

With every post and PM it records the time and date (i would assume) so if the date got jumped ahead by a day, then you posted, it goes back a day, the software is seeing your post as being in the future. Same as your PM's.

Even that thread above which was started by TLS has had his posts moved down and they all say posted "1 minuite ago".

With your PM's. You must have sent one whilst the date was wrong. In that case it's going to block it for 24 hrs + 60 seconds. (61000 seconds equates to just shy of 17 hours.)

It'll work itself out tomorrow.

Sospan

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
May have something to do with the problem TLS reported here -> http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14516

With every post and PM it records the time and date (i would assume) so if the date got jumped ahead by a day, then you posted, it goes back a day, the software is seeing your post as being in the future. Same as your PM's.

Even that thread above which was started by TLS has had his posts moved down and they all say posted "1 minuite ago".

With your PM's. You must have sent one whilst the date was wrong. In that case it's going to block it for 24 hrs + 60 seconds. (61000 seconds equates to just shy of 17 hours.)

It'll work itself out tomorrow.

That is far too intelient for a gay bay lecky ! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
Cheers for the explanation Mono. :pDT_Xtremez_31:
So I have to wait a day until I can post a turd to roverboy then? :pDT_Xtremez_31:

M

monobrow

It would appear so!

I'm only guessing that the time and date error has screwed it up a smidge, however it does look like the most likely offender.