• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Girls do an extra 2 weeks at Halton!!!

D

DRK5390

trust me its happened....im on RTS at the moment on my 3rd weekend off which means im home:pDT_Xtremez_30:

All the girls do a PRTS course as its been dubbed...which is fitness every day to try and get the females up to the standard to pass the RAFFT! For example on day 02/03 when we all did the RAFFT some girls couldnt get passed level 3! Im sure all girls are not that bad but a minority are not as strong so all girls must do the two extra weeks!

Dont worry too much, this is just a trial, they may change it back to 9 weeks, however its only 11 weeks and if you really want a career in the RAF, having to do an extra two weeks of training shouldn't be a problem!

P

Portcullis

Pre Conditioning Course!

Pre Conditioning Course!

Just so you know:

Of the 98 females who started the course, 30 could not do any pressups at all.

18 failed to complete 1 or more pressups at the end and have been re-flighted..

Another 7 have been recoursed for other reasons (sickness injury etc)

Less than 75% pass rate!

:pDT_Xtremez_09:

P

pixie

I just dont get it!!!! I joined up 18 years ago, and oh yeah I'm female. I managed to pass my course the same as all the lads, so why has it changed? AND I can pass my fitness test twice a year no problem. Seriously!!!!!!!!!

C

Cagsi

is it true now that for the RAFFT the press ups only have to be the length of the instructors forearm off the floor instead of 4 inches?

W

Walks1989

true

true

I can confirm this is 100% true, i am on the first intake in which this came into action, 18th of march intake.

The girls have to do an 11 week course, 2 weeks of basically doing pt and nothing else. Afterwards you have to pass the womens fitness test before you can move onto basic training if you fail that you do another 2 weeks etc etc etc. 25 ladies failed it.

If the males also fail to get a certain amount around a 7.8 on the bleep test i think, and so many press ups and situps they can also be placed onto it, however noone from my intake was placed on it. I think this is also to the PTIs discreation.

They are already thinking of scraping this as so many failed as the pt is so relaxed for them they basically have to get like a 5.6 on the bleep 1 press up and something like 18 situps i think to go onto basic training. You heard me right 1 PRESS UP! and some still failed.

So if your a lad make sure your reasonbly fit, and a lady well you have to do the 2 weeks anyways.

To be honest its your job to be fit and be op ready, if you arent prepared to get fit before joining you should make rethink your career path, as we have been told many of times.

Hope this helped.

W

Walks1989

kind of

kind of

is it true now that for the RAFFT the press ups only have to be the length of the instructors forearm off the floor instead of 4 inches?
it is meant to be 4 inches but is a rough guess by the ptis, its pretty shocking really, as some people who have good endurance can blast out 70 easily. Im a fan of doing proper pressups personally and banging a "good" 35 pressups

K

Krusty_Crab

Is this two weeks mandatory for officer training as well does anyone know? I wouldn't have thought so.

Ta.
No Officer Training is already over 30 weeks long so the 'girls' have longer to get fit. They have not added the Pre-Conditioning onto Officer training

C

Caz

For IOT you have to pass the RAFFT before you start (get green on Bleep Press ups and Situps). So there should be no need for the girls to do extra I guess

P

Portcullis

it is meant to be 4 inches but is a rough guess by the ptis, its pretty shocking really, as some people who have good endurance can blast out 70 easily. Im a fan of doing proper pressups personally and banging a "good" 35 pressups

No, as from the 'new' test on 1 Apr (I think), pressups are to a 90 degree bend of the elbow only.

L

Lofosho

Don't girls have to do 6 or something press ups for the PJFT so when they go to Halton for that extra 2 weeks they should be able to do more than 1 press ups at the end of it?

P

Portcullis

Don't girls have to do 6 or something press ups for the PJFT so when they go to Halton for that extra 2 weeks they should be able to do more than 1 press ups at the end of it?

PJFT is only the treadmill at the moment. The press ups and sit ups are not a pass/fail thing, but being done as a trial.

30% of the girls turning up on Day 1 cannot do a single press up. That is one of the reasons for the Pre Conditioning Course.

Now, down and gimmie 20!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

L

Lofosho

30% of the girls turning up on Day 1 cannot do a single press up. That is one of the reasons for the Pre Conditioning Course.

Now, down and gimmie 20!:pDT_Xtremez_42:

:pDT_Xtremez_32:

So being able to do 20press ups for a girl won't help me in the PJFT much if I'm not a good runner? :pDT_Xtremez_09:

D

DRK5390

Yeah, you're correct. it's because of the amount of injuries that are occuring during RTS. It's a 2 week program to help the female recruits but it will also include the male recruits who fail the Fitness Test on day 3.....

Not so much males who fail the RAFFT but males who cant do a press up or sit up and cant reach at least level 6/7 in the bleep test:pDT_Xtremez_28:

So lads dont worry if you fail the RAFFT on day 3, it just means you'll be in B Stream instead of A Stream for PT Lessons and wont be put on the PCC!

F

Forest

"So lads dont worry if you fail the RAFFT on day 3,"

Personnaly i think that if you are an 18 year old lad who is looking at a career in a MILITARY FORCE, you should be ashamed of yourself if you cannot pass a basic fitness test.

Sorry if this upsets the "PC" crowd but fitness is one of my big whinge points when it comes to the RAF.

P

Portcullis

Not so much males who fail the RAFFT but males who cant do a press up or sit up and cant reach at least level 6/7 in the bleep test:pDT_Xtremez_28:

So lads dont worry if you fail the RAFFT on day 3, it just means you'll be in B Stream instead of A Stream for PT Lessons and wont be put on the PCC!

The cut off point for PCC for males is MSFT 7.06, Press ups - 8, Sit ups 18.

Don't manage that? PCC for you!

Realist78

Master of my destiny
My lad has just had his start date put back from May 27 to August 19 and is well and truly ****ed off.

Here's a novel idea - Male and Female recruits do separate Recruit Training.

It used to work in the days of Swinderby and Hereford !!

Radical, crazy apesh1t thinking like that will get us nowhere, lol:pDT_Xtremez_30:

C

Cagsi

The cut off point for PCC for males is MSFT 7.06, Press ups - 8, Sit ups 18.

Don't manage that? PCC for you!

just a general question, 7.6 on a bleep test is approx 0.7 miles isnt it and should take around 6.30min ish? does that mean if you can run the 0.7 miles quicker than that in a normal run, in around 5mins then you should be able to pass?

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
Threads like this make me worry about how the RAF is going and where it will end up
If at 18 you can't do a press up or run 1.5 miles then you are pretty fukced
Thats supposed to be you at your best it's all down hill form there
I would suggest that if your a knackered at 18 you won't be any good at 24 - 25 and will certanly struggle on ops
I realise that it is proberbly the "playstation generation" and they don't run about like kids used to but come on how embarressing to actually turn up and prove on day 1 you've put in no preperation or effort

Perhaps it's time for the RAF to have a long good look at what they are recruiting,the recruiting process and the style of training
Is it time to get some proper beastings on the go and start fukcing off people who can't achieve the required standards?

S

scaleywife

just a general question, 7.6 on a bleep test is approx 0.7 miles isnt it and should take around 6.30min ish? does that mean if you can run the 0.7 miles quicker than that in a normal run, in around 5mins then you should be able to pass?

Cagsi, It's not quite that simple as there is a lot of turning involved and that is where people lose time/rupture ligaments etc!!

Also the increases in speed can be a bugger towards the end (have not done it for a very long time but I used to be fine at distance running just hated the having to adjust my breathing/speed on the bleeps), My other half recently downloaded the bleeps to his iPod and increased the speed on the treadmill at the appropriate times.

Try googling MST, Interval Training or Bleep test. I am sure you will find something to help.

F

Forest

Threads like this make me worry about how the RAF is going and where it will end up
If at 18 you can't do a press up or run 1.5 miles then you are pretty fukced
Thats supposed to be you at your best it's all down hill form there
I would suggest that if your a knackered at 18 you won't be any good at 24 - 25 and will certanly struggle on ops
I realise that it is proberbly the "playstation generation" and they don't run about like kids used to but come on how embarressing to actually turn up and prove on day 1 you've put in no preperation or effort

Perhaps it's time for the RAF to have a long good look at what they are recruiting,the recruiting process and the style of training
Is it time to get some proper beastings on the go and start fukcing off people who can't achieve the required standards?

WELL SAID THAT MAN!
Time that some people stopped whinging and making up sh!t excuses.
MAN UP!:pDT_Xtremez_30: