• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

'Ghost' Promotions

FOMDude

SAC
The last 2 TG9 promotion boards (Sgt-FS and Cpl-Sgt) have resulted in no instant releases and no estimate of if peeps will be used from the list - mainly blamed on SDSR. This is quite concerning when you try and give the troops the 'carry on doing what you are doing and you will be rewarded' chat. I know that predictions have to me made in advance but maybe there is another way?

I get the feeling that this will have an effect on morale eventually right through the ranks.

Anyone else have that sinking feeling or is it just me? It would be nice to know that I am wrong!!

This is the first time I have actually thought of pulling the handle in 22 years as I cannot see things getting any better.....

Let's discuss....

Everyone with a brain cell must have known that with SDSR and the redundancy program promotion was going to slow down and even dare I say it possibley stop:pDT_Xtremez_34:

Maybe an honest approach to your troops, tell them that things will get better once the cuts have been made and things settle down.

If you are thinking of pulling the handle at the 22 year point, then you must have been in long enough to see our ever shrinking Air Force being decimated by previous cuts. Yet things recover once the dust settles.....Hopefully!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Well actually I hear there is a new FS promoted and posted to the NVQ cell from BZN!!

W

What's the bloody point?

'carry on doing what you are doing and you will be rewarded'

I used the 'carry on doing what you are doing and you will not be rewarded' line this year.

The look on their face was priceless!

Bluddy kids!

A

ashbees love child

Promoted TG9 Sgt-FS

Promoted TG9 Sgt-FS

Well Iknow who it is and she won't be the only promotion!

W

What's the bloody point?

I wouldn't take the pay cut mate! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

So I hear. Good luck to you!

I prefer the reduced rates and no threat of being beheaded on YouTube!

Not that I wish that upon you. Allah does that sort of thing! ;-)

Forecast and actual promotions can differ due to various circumstances, i.e. last years FS to WO board forecast 0, actual promotions 2! Talking of which PTP still owes me a tenner! There are a few WO retiring this year and early next year so some movement might be created, depends of course on which MOB closes next :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Forecast and actual promotions can differ due to various circumstances, i.e. last years FS to WO board forecast 0, actual promotions 2! Talking of which PTP still owes me a tenner! There are a few WO retiring this year and early next year so some movement might be created, depends of course on which MOB closes next :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Bellowyelly, you know where I am come and collect it......:pDT_Xtremez_14:
Anyway I didn't think WOs retired, I thought they were dragged out kicking and screaming. Well that's how I intend to go:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Hey Big B are you trying to tell me something??

Have fun at the PFOMs drinking fest.....Sorry "Conference" this week.

I'm not allowed to go to them anymore....:S