• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

getting the sun in europe in october

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
A couple of questions when does the weather start to tail off in Cyprus. Get I still get a tan towards the end of October.

2nd question any ideas for getting the sun in europe between now and the end of October or do I have to travel further afield.

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The Canary Islands are probably the best place from the end of October. They are about the same flight-time as Cyprus. Most of the restaurants, places to visit and general touristy things are open all year. Cost will be roughly the same as Cyprus as well.

iainrm

Corporal
Some friends got a cheap holiday in Mexico with Thompson you could even get a flight on one of our spare tankers.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
A couple of questions when does the weather start to tail off in Cyprus. Get I still get a tan towards the end of October.

2nd question any ideas for getting the sun in europe between now and the end of October or do I have to travel further afield.

I have always gone away in October half term (usually the week before halloween) we have been to Kos, Crete, Bodrum and this year Rhodes. Temp is always mid 20's and usually quite empty so you usually have the beach-pool to yourselves, all inclusive of about £400.

Entropy

Sergeant
Canaries are the safest option would also consider southern parts of Spain. I think most of the charter flights still run until mid Oct so assume that you can find decent weather almost wherever they are still flying to. Further afield southern USA or even look for a late deal to the Caribbean.

Have a look at some place like AccuWeather.com as they hold averages for sun, temp etc. so should give you a pretty good idea of what to expect.

Last edited:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
>> Doncaster << is very nice at this time of the year and will be getting better over the next couple of months.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I'd say Canary Islands too - Cyprus is ok, but I think I'd prefer to be further away from the war zones, etc. After the flood of refugees / migrants that let in the occasional terrorist or two, I'd be giving southern and central Europe a wide berth too (Paris atrocities are a good examply of 'why?')

Interestingly, there don't seem to have been much mention of terrorist activities in the colder parts of Europe - have you considered a skiing holiday (people still manage to get sunburn doing that), or perhaps a trip to Finland / Switzerland / Sweden / Norway? All beautiful this time of year, so I'm told. Not exactly beach resorts, I know, but less chance of getting blown up, it seems...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The end of October is half term for many schools so its going to be about double the bubble...go a week earlier or later?

I have to use up a £512 Easyjet voucher before it runs out so that week is fragged for a road trip...Just gotta find something interesting to do!

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
I'd say Canary Islands too - Cyprus is ok, but I think I'd prefer to be further away from the war zones, etc. After the flood of refugees / migrants that let in the occasional terrorist or two, I'd be giving southern and central Europe a wide berth too (Paris atrocities are a good examply of 'why?')

Interestingly, there don't seem to have been much mention of terrorist activities in the colder parts of Europe - have you considered a skiing holiday (people still manage to get sunburn doing that), or perhaps a trip to Finland / Switzerland / Sweden / Norway? All beautiful this time of year, so I'm told. Not exactly beach resorts, I know, but less chance of getting blown up, it seems...

Dont believe all the crap you see on Tv, we went to Bodrum last year and didnt see a soul, all the refugees are up at lesbos now, Bodrum was empty. we chose a resort that you had to get through 2 other resorts to get to ours so it was more than safe.