• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Get some in

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
This should bring back memories for Gem and HU.

And there I was expecting something in black and white!
Nice to see a time when a Cpl was actually a Cpl!:pDT_Xtremez_31:

G

grumpyoldb

Eeee.............them were the days...................!

Not a carpet in sight.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

G

gemarriott

Last day at Swinderby, after the folks had been shown around we were told to trash the floor for the next lucky flight to take our place. Not quite coals at the double but very similar so yes Bit happy days when DI's really were god. My Cpl at swinderby signed a photograph Cpl Taylor, he really though that was his name:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Oh, the memories (in my case, Cosford 1960).
Tony Selby, on top of his form in one of the best comedies of the era.

In K9, we had our usual Staurday AM inspection, but it seemed curious that the Sergeant next door would wander though our room to talk to our very own Sgt 'Daddy' Prophet, leaving his boot marks all over our nice clean floor. Two or three times of this and we got the message and asked for it to stop.
It did - eventually - and he used to stop by the door and yell for our Sgt.

Crazy Days. . .

R

rodger-dodger

Dvd

Dvd

Does anyone know if a box set of DVD's for 'Get Some In' is avaliable anywhere, i asked Amozon once and they replied 'Get some what' Cnuts

S

Scottow Horseshoe

Play.com

Play.com

"Get some in" will be back in stock on DVD shortly, as soon as I am notified I will post !:pDT_Xtremez_30:

G

gemarriott

You asked him for a signed photo ?????

Was it Swinderby or the Radio 1 roadshow ?

Him and the Sgt insisted we all had our Flight photygraphs signed by as many as possible of those on them. They reckoned when we got old we'd look back on them fondly. Hate to admit it they were right.

docbombhead

Sergeant
Does anyone know if a box set of DVD's for 'Get Some In' is avaliable anywhere, i asked Amozon once and they replied 'Get some what' Cnuts

Got the complete series off E-bay last year bucking frilliant watching it again, did some copies for some of the "older" lads who remembered it. How things should be ! " Fag for the corporal"

Toonman

SAC
When I passed out in 1970 I had studded boots and the old belted No1 uniform. Got to my first camp and was not allowed to wear the boots because of the possibility of causing sparks!!!. I tried to explain that I never moved that fast but it didn't work.

Captain Slog

Trekkie Nerd
Subscriber
Ahh yes Swinderby memories…………..

Stepping off the bus from Newark and getting the first of many bollockings, 300 blokes having their heads shaved by a chain smoking barber who never cleaned his razor, watching in fear on our first parade as a 5’3” Cpl reduced a 6’3” bloke to tears, stripping off at the med centre to have 4 injections at once and then being sent on a 3 mile run, Saturday inspections, weekly pay parade with 700 other oinks to get seven quid, 24 man rooms, wrapping a blanket around the smallest bloke in the room and using him as a bumper as ours had been nicked by the room opposite, hairy Blues that rubbed the hairs of your legs, 5:30 AM reveille over the tannoy, being ordered to drop our trousers to make sure we were wearing 22B’s and not our own shreddies.

Ahh happy days….. were they FECK as like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
Last day at Swinderby, after the folks had been shown around we were told to trash the floor for the next lucky flight to take our place. Not quite coals at the double but very similar so yes Bit happy days when DI's really were god. My Cpl at swinderby signed a photograph Cpl Taylor, he really though that was his name:pDT_Xtremez_30:

The day I left Swinderby the DI's informed us that we would have to leave the floors gleaming clean as they had CO's inspection the next day.

Sticks in my throat to this very day.

The day I left Swinderby the DI's informed us that we would have to leave the floors gleaming clean as they had CO's inspection the next day.

Sticks in my throat to this very day.

No bl**dy CO's on June 2nd 1980 then, as we had to get DMS boot marks off the ceiling in Gray block, on the 3rd.

Happy Days, well 28 years later maybe, just.