• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

George Best

N

North Sea Tiger

The media are going way overboard on George arent they ?? .. a soldier gets killed in Iraq and there is hardly a mention but this guy wrecks his own liver through drink .. gets a liver transplant .. and then does it again !! .. T**T !!

This man had a sublime talent that he literally pi**ed up aginst the wall.

I have no sympathy for him as the only reason he is lying in bed looking like a bucket of smashed crabs is down to him.

At least Oliver Reed only wrecked his own liver and went out in style .. on a bar stool with a pint in his hand.

Bracing myself for the "tribute" programs on telly ... :rolleyes:

F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

I agree

I agree

How many 'next 24 hrs are crucial' can one man have, now they are saying "its a matter of minutes rather than hours"
Its a great shame that a man with his ability and talent should end his life in this way. I feel a small amount of sympathy because of the waste of life however, not for how he has not only destroyed his liver, but someone gave him a very precious gift... the gift of life and he, again, wasted that one too.
Its a great shame for his family.

Just a thought...

T

Twonston Pickle

It's a great shame for the family of the person who donated the liver, ungrateful git that Best clearly is! If I ever hear the words "Brave", "Heroic" or "Tragic", the £2,600 Plasma screen I borrowed from the MOD Main Building is going out the bloody window! What is brave, heroic or tragic about wrecking your own body? (Apart from having the "courage", as one red top put it, to publish his photos as a warning to others - Courage, my @rse, courage bitter more like!)

Stax

Flight Sergeant
He's not even dead yet and they are interviewing Hunter Davies and ex Ireland footie players about is life. In fact one person has texted in and compared him to Rudolph Nureyev, I'm not sure Bestie would have liked that! Great player, flamboyant, charismatic etc but he ferked up with a new liver, sorry to be harsh but he got what he reaped!

B

Bluntend

Its a sad state of affairs when a footballer dieing after effectively killing himself with alcohol gets more media coverage than when one of the last surviving veterans of World War One passes on. I guess for the BBC and the Red Tops, Best has had more of a profound impact on our society than our soldiers who fought in the Great War.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Reported dead at 1305 by BBC radio 2. It interrupted a story about "Take That" reforming!

T

Theogony_280

Take That reforming?

So there's no good news at all today

F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

So two lots of bad news there then...George Best, one of the best footballers in the world dies and Take That, one of the worst bands in the world reforming...it truly is a sad day....

Anyway, just a thought...

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Anybody know if Take that will be touring the UK?
George who?? is dead

N

North Sea Tiger

Damn .. if he had only held another hour I would have won the sweep .. just hope they dont cremate him as it might take a while .. :rolleyes:

Bit warped I know but there is little sympathy out here for a drink driving, wife beating drunk who after wrecking his own liver took the gift of life from someone else and treated it with contempt.

The media in this country sicken me by treating Best as some kind of hero.

And if you got to www.yahoo.co.uk and click on the link to the Man U message board you might find a few surprises !!

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Forget all that rubbish about that drunk. Where can I get "Take that" tickets?

N

North Sea Tiger

You mean you WANT to go and see Take That ??

Dont they play Take That albums to Insomniacs who dont respond to drugs ??

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

I dont know about the drugs thing. What is wrong with Take That? 5 but now 4 talented musicians who have decided, and quite rightly in my opinion, to get back together for their fans. Oh and the £1.5Mil they have each been offered.

So any ideas on the tickets?

Sorry, who is this George fella?

N

North Sea Tiger

Bugging out now .. anyone who describes Take That as "Talented Musicians" needs help !!

Best of Luck Fella !!

S

SLRious

The most naturally talented footballer ever… a man who popped four miss worlds… one of them on a bed covered with banknotes… dies of alcohol related illness, and all you lot can do is gripe about a wasted liver and a **** boy band.

J

jeff

Well said SLRious.

Talking of which, I heard a great story about GB.....
It goes that he was visited (towards the end of his playing career) by a journalist, whilst he was staying in some swancky hotel. Apparently, he had Miss World lying on his bed, along with a good deal of bank notes. He was drinking Cristal champagne and the Hack asked him "So George........Where did it all go wrong?" :confused:

He, like Ollie Reid was a legend for 2 reasons, and it is a shame that it was the second reason that killed 'em both - but they were some of the most colourful characters to grace this sterile world in which we live. How apt that Georgie's decline was just 24 hours after the beginning of the unlimited opening hours law came into force in the UK.

God Bless him! :)

N

North Sea Tiger

SLRious said:
The most naturally talented footballer ever… a man who popped four miss worlds… one of them on a bed covered with banknotes… dies of alcohol related illness, and all you lot can do is gripe about a wasted liver and a **** boy band.

You Forgot .. Wife Beater .. and .. convicted Drunk Driver.

Couldnt give a f**k what he did on the pitch or who he boffed .. the man was a waste of skin who s**t all over the gift of another chance at life.

Ollie Reed at least only destroyed his own liver only and went out with a pint in his hand propped on a bar stool .. ;)

George Best went out looking like a bucket of smashed crabs .. Total Tosser.