• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gas masks and ppe in the nhs.....in the future, eg next week

foxOneFive

Corporal
Most of the military people reading this will of had a gas mask issued to them over their service career eg "respirator"
Millions of military around the world have these now. And a lot, when they left the military still have them. My point is: In the near future, like the military issue all NHS with a gas mask that fits them and with canisters you can change and masks you can wash out. Obviously they need to be designed in a way that you don't look like a "scarey freak"
I don't think I can walk in to my Tesco express morry with my S10 will be a good thing.
Your thoughts?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
Unfortunately I had to hand my brand new respirator in when I left. The idea of walking into Sainsbury’s wearing a complete hazmat suit does tickle me though.

GSD

LAC
Yeah, it was one of the few items they definitely made you hand back in. That and your no 1s, rather oddly.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Face masks in the UK are currently worn by three types of people:

1. Because they have an infection
2. Because they are caring for someone with an infection.
3. Because they are a scaremongering twat.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Thats a good idea, but Ive noticed that some of the twonks profusely complaining about how inadequate their masks are - are still wearing large and fashionable beards!! Mask can't and don't work with beards of more than two days growth...will they lose any compensation due to their own stupidity?

foxOneFive

Corporal
My last camp in 2004 I had my tongue up the aaarse of Norman the storeman, been there for many years and good chaps.
Kept all my stuff, even got some of that white artic noggie stuff in the loft...yep I know I should move on.
Where them noggie boots called...mutlucks? Whatever they were called. They still in loft too

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The S6 was rather cool after the Libyan Embassy incident. Don't think it would go down very well in Tesco's now though

Thats a good idea, but Ive noticed that some of the twonks profusely complaining about how inadequate their masks are - are still wearing large and fashionable beards!! Mask can't and don't work with beards of more than two days growth...will they lose any compensation due to their own stupidity?

My brother has had a large tramp beard for six years now. He works for Siemens maintaining MRIs, he was told by his company in no uncertain terms, if you want to continue to work in hospitals you need to wear your PPE the only way to do this is without a beard. So off it came.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My brother has had a large tramp beard for six years now. He works for Siemens maintaining MRIs, he was told by his company in no uncertain terms, if you want to continue to work in hospitals you need to wear your PPE the only way to do this is without a beard. So off it came.

I hope the same can be applied to the military undertaking MACA.

In fact, reverse the weirdy beardy policy in the RAF forthwith and rid it of this hipster rubbish 😷