• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gardening 2010

Harry B'Stard

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Thought I'd take the opportunity to kick off this year's Gardening and Allotment thread!

Just been and bought my seed potatoes, got a bag of Pentland Javelin and a bag of king eddies.

Funny thing was I could buy 10 pre-packed for £2.49 or fill a paper bag with seed potatoes for only £1.99. As the paper bags were big enough to fit at least 20 spuds in, guess which I chose!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Hoping to grow more this year than weeds and spuds, lets just hope that the weather holds off!

HTB

G

grumpyoldb

First year on my plot this year, so I've ordered first earlies..........Lady Chrystl.
Two maincrop's...........good old King Teds and Golden Wonder. Ordered them from JBA in Annon and should be with me this week.

2.5 Kgs of each for £3.99 per pack + del.

G

grumpyoldb

Right thats me outa this thread all my garden is flagged .Cant do co's of my hands

So is mine. That's why I've gone for an allotment. :pDT_Xtremez_14:
The only thing my garden grows is bl00dy slugs. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

G

grumpyoldb

I planted my cat over Christmas, not holding out much hope for a crop

I planted my old tomcat a few years ago, but my dogs kept trying to dig him up, so I planted a holly bush on top of him. The bush kept the dogs off and feeds on the carcase. It's now 10' high. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
I planted my old tomcat a few years ago, but my dogs kept trying to dig him up, so I planted a holly bush on top of him. The bush kept the dogs off and feeds on the carcase. It's now 10' high. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

That's the plan, but I shied away from asking gardener's question time as to what was the best plant to lay in a mix of shale and poor topsoil.

G

grumpyoldb

That's the plan, but I shied away from asking gardener's question time as to what was the best plant to lay in a mix of shale and poor topsoil.

Don't matter about the poor topsoil, the bush will feed off the blood and bonemeal off the cat. (growmore without the fish content). :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Elwood

SAC
...and the Eden Project Garden at Chelsea was project managed by a retired Rockape!

The slit trench gave it away!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

P

pie sandwich

I ve just been reading THIS on the BBC website, there are a few good ideas of what to put in your garden or allotment, such a different types of Bee nests and what types of plants that will help feed them. After all they are in decline so every little helps.

I did the bumblebee quiz, and I was surprised at some of the facts, in a good year a hive can produce 60lb of spare honey and one worker bee will produce just 1/12th of a tea spoon of honey and for it to make 1lb it would have to fly 55,000 miles.