• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gütersloh Guttersnipe

B

Barry Turner

Hello Community!

Was anyone out there at Gütersloh 1979-80

Yeah I was there from Dec 1977 until June 1980 worked in the ESA, Arm Ground Equipt & Harrier role bay. I was a singlie but did lots of scaley bashing a really great tour expect the bar stewards cut the LOA, so even though I got promoted my pay was less when I left than when I had arrived!

D

davetherigger

I wuz there

I wuz there

I worked in HSF did a detachment with 4 Sqn to that well known holiday destination of barmy (sic) Belize. lived in hiring at Harzewinkel loved it even tacevals and deployments.
Hello Community!

Was anyone out there at Gütersloh 1979-80

Big Jock

SAC
Subscriber
I worked in tanker pool and MT Ops 1980 to 1983. Also worked in the NAAFI Club 47 bars. I met my wife there as her dad was a Chief on 4 sqn.

John

Gnasher

LAC
As a kid, yes I was. My dad was based there (in Supply Sqn) 77-80 and 81-84.Lived in Bultmanstrasse (sp?) first trip and warendorfer ring (near gilder ring) 2nd time around.Good times as a kid!!

S

spikematthews

I was there june 74 till 76 26 Sqn RAF Regiment. remember many nights in the Mally Club by the swimming pool . Pint was 75 phennicks