• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

French want to bomb Libya?

sumps

Sergeant
This is one for the records - The French, after recognising the rebels, want to kick off and drop a few discreet ones on the HQ's in Libya...how long before they have sucked us in then start backing out? :pDT_Xtremez_32:

HERE from ibtimes (accessed1500/11/03/11)

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Gaddaffi must be rubbing his hands in glee. He'll be able to move to Paris when the Frenchies sign an unconditional surrender after a week.

Realist78

Master of my destiny

Ex-Splitter and Proud

Flight Sergeant
Gaddaffi must be rubbing his hands in glee. He'll be able to move to Paris when the Frenchies sign an unconditional surrender after a week.

moy0518.jpg

C'est bon, nous avons remise!!:pDT_Xtremez_42:
Avez-vous des fromages?

cup of corrrfeee

beowulf

Sergeant
There are those that are ideologically opposed to military intervention and think that the UN/EU should be the channel through which this is all resolved.

In the real world both these organisations contain elements that have interests in opposing intervention - usually because those being bombed will be allies/customers. As a result we will all sit around talking while people die in their thousands. The fact Obama is sitting this one out will be interesting to watch.

We are told by the Guardian that violence never solved anything. Except stopping Spanish hegemony, the abolition of slavery, stopping French expansionism, stopping German expansionism, stopping the holocaust, stopping Argentinian expansionism...

A

AllTechiesNow

Heard a guy on the news the other day speaking about military intervention.

His basic point was;

Look, if we do this, we're going to have to bomb the sh1t out of the country for starters. As we know, we'll end up killing innocent people, we always do. They'll get annoyed. After this, we'll have to arm the "Rebels". History has taught us time and time again that when we do this, eventually, they'll turn those weapons on us.

Does anyone want that outcome?

Latest news is the French have surrendered to the tsunami(just in case!):pDT_Xtremez_42:

ITgeek

LAC
if the frenchies go in doesnt that mean we will have to now that we have signed that joint cooperation deal

Realist78

Master of my destiny
There are those that are ideologically opposed to military intervention and think that the UN/EU should be the channel through which this is all resolved.

In the real world both these organisations contain elements that have interests in opposing intervention - usually because those being bombed will be allies/customers. As a result we will all sit around talking while people die in their thousands. The fact Obama is sitting this one out will be interesting to watch.

We are told by the Guardian that violence never solved anything. Except stopping Spanish hegemony, the abolition of slavery, stopping French expansionism, stopping German expansionism, stopping the holocaust, stopping Argentinian expansionism...

That is the thing that gets me, what will it take for the civilised world to say 'fecking hang on, you can't do that to innocent civilians' etc? If Gadaffi and his crones carry on, why are they allowed a voice at the UN? Same goes for that total tw@t Mugabe.

Agree totally.

That is the thing that gets me, what will it take for the civilised world to say 'fecking hang on, you can't do that to innocent civilians' etc? If Gadaffi and his crones carry on, why are they allowed a voice at the UN? Same goes for that total tw@t Mugabe.

Agree totally.

"The Air Force must,if called upon to administer punishment,do it with all its might and in the proper manner. The Attack with bombs and machine guns must be relentless and unremitting and carried out continuously day and night on houses,inhabitants,crops and cattle. This sounds brutal i know,but it must be made brutal to start with"

A shocking sentiment i'm sure you will agree.

So who said this?. Gadaffi?. His defence minister?. The head of his Airforce?.

Well none of them actually. It was Wing Commander JA Chamier in defense of the RAF bombing of defenceless Iraqi villages in 1920.

This contributed in a big way to the unification of the almost ununifiable Kurds,Sunnis and Shias and the ensuing Arab revolt of late 1920.

Just a thought before we start calling others uncivilized and poking our military noses into things we cant possibly predict the long term political consequences of.

Last edited:

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
"The Air Force must,if called upon to administer punishment,do it with all its might and in the proper manner. The Attack with bombs and machine guns must be relentless and unremitting and carried out continuously day and night on houses,inhabitants,crops and cattle. This sounds brutal i know,but it must be made brutal to start with"

Well none of them actually. It was Wing Commander JA Chamier in defense of the RAF bombing of defenceless Iraqi villages in 1920.

This contributed in a big way to the unification of the almost ununifiable Kurds,Sunnis and Shias and the ensuing Arab revolt of late 1920.

Just a thought before we start calling others uncivilized and poking our military noses into things we cant possibly predict the long term political consequences of.

The question being, did it work?

I believe the methodology was:

Leaflet drop 'Stop doing whatever.'

Leaflet drop 'We mean it, stoppit'

Leaflet drop ''Stoppit immediately or we will be back tomorrow 12.00 Sharp.

12.00 Sharp BOOM!

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Reality check. We are a small island near Europe and no longer a world power, no more is two thirds of the global map coloured pink. We have a tiny Air force with few assets and are busy enough playing world police with the spams in Afghan right now. Despite the PM's words and the EU's posturing in actuallity there is very little we (GB PLC) can do about Lybians with tanks killing Lybians with RPG's and AK47's. The days of empire are gone and are now only to be found in the history books.

John Lloyd

Warrant Officer
Reality check. We are a small island near Europe and no longer a world power, no more is two thirds of the global map coloured pink. We have a tiny Air force with few assets and are busy enough playing world police with the spams in Afghan right now. Despite the PM's words and the EU's posturing in actuallity there is very little we (GB PLC) can do about Lybians with tanks killing Lybians with RPG's and AK47's. The days of empire are gone and are now only to be found in the history books.

Totally agree. We are, what we are. It's time to start looking inward at problems rather than going out looking for them.

Realist78

Master of my destiny

I'd say slaughtering your own people simply to hang onto power pretty uncivilised.