• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Freedom of Information Request M4 Crash

Robby

Corporal
Having reached the end of my career I applied for my service records under the Freedom of Information and was a tad shocked to find out that "This Dossier was involved in the M4 accident on the 06/06/07 Some of the O'Docs and/or filing below this enclosure may not be complete" As I have lost from Encl 1 - 106 i.e. 13 years history I was a tad surprised to say the least. Has anybody else come across this?

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Having reached the end of my career I applied for my service records under the Freedom of Information and was a tad shocked to find out that "This Dossier was involved in the M4 accident on the 06/06/07 Some of the O'Docs and/or filing below this enclosure may not be complete" As I have lost from Encl 1 - 106 i.e. 13 years history I was a tad surprised to say the least. Has anybody else come across this?

I got mine delivered back in 2012 and it wasn't pleasant reading. particularly with the med records. Not sure about about the M4 bit, but my records were definitley a car crash.

With bits missing. (How do you miss an entire posting?)

More to the point, what does a crash on the M4 have to do with your records? Weird.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Sounds to me that the documents were being transported to another location, probably with quite a few others and there was an incident that caused the documents to be all over the motorway??????????

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
A number of dossiers were being transported along the M4 and the vehicle was involved in an accident. There was paperwork spread across the carriageway and the surrounding area - as much as possible was recovered at the time but some was inevitably lost.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Personal dossiers that were being transferred to storage as part of the closure of Innsworth.