• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Free donation to a charity of your choice

G

gemarriott

Unlike me to be serious but this is something I have been doing for a number of years now. I stopped sending Christmas cards to friends and family, if they need a card to remain friends or be reminded I am still around, tough! All my friends and family know I can be relied on if they need me and those who need a card to tell them aren't really worth worrying over.

This isn't a money saving idea it gives me an opportunity to make a donation over and above what I would normally give at no cost to myself at a time the charities need cash more than ever.

I gave an extra £25 to Veteran's aid this year instead of the ball ache of writing 50 cards at 50p each second class postage.

I have done a little good, saved a few hours of my time, cost the same as sending the cards and gave me a satisfying glow knowing I have done an old comrade some good. Bit late to do it this year but think about it for the future.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Good thinking, Gem.
In my case I sold some stuff on eBay and made a donation to VA.