• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For any ex-Wing lads

T

The Masked Geek

That place was basterd cold in Nov '93. We were digging trenches with pickaxes as the shovels wouldn't cut the soil.

morse1001

Sergeant
That place was basterd cold in Nov '93. We were digging trenches with pickaxes as the shovels wouldn't cut the soil.

The pictures sent a metaphorical shiver up my spine! I did in Jan 83 and all we had for heating was an old coal stove which must have been left over from the roman legions who were based there in 2nd century!

Jaymac

Sergeant
I did it in December '88 and was told "it's harder in summer". Aye, right. I'd much rather dig a trench in summer or do an assault course in daylight when the obstacles aren't covered in mud and you can't get a grip of anything.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
I hope they leave some of the buildings. Reburbished, perhaps, but it's part of our history.

wally375

Corporal
By ex-Wing, I mean the original i.e. TCW.

Here is a wee trip down memory lane:

Proteus: home of the Brutus

Shamelessly nicked from Facetube.

Driving through the fence there caused a bit of a embarrassment for about 2 mins!

Driving a landrover over a trench with some mud on top always goes down well when your in it!

One of the lads shouting in the pub after Brutus 'hands up if you've got a job' went down really well in the local village!