• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FOM Seminar - Waddington

I

insideinfoman

General Slim said:
Guest of honour unable to appear !
NVQ dreary as usual !
Usual bollocks about direct entry Sgts
Usual bollocks of we hate Ops Officers
Usual bollocks of speeches
Usual bollocks of being undermanned.
Highlight of Incontinence man looking for a person with a limp !!!

Sorry didn't waste my time, wasn't interested.

What was the highlight then?

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

Shameless

LAC
Without question the highlight for me was the abundance of Jammy Dodgers - the cold coffee wasn't wasn't good - but oh the Dodgers!!!!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Right - so apart from the jammy dodgers, cack coffee and shameless' idea of a load of bollocks (but would actually like to find out what was said about ' the load of bollocks')

Anything come out of it?

General Slim

Minor - Under16
The FOMz said:
Right - so apart from the jammy dodgers, cack coffee and shameless' idea of a load of bollocks (but would actually like to find out what was said about ' the load of bollocks')

Anything come out of it?
You will have to wait for infoman to gather his thoughts, he's quite slow, heres's mine though- usual load of old bollocks !

I

insideinfoman

Well instead of saying a load of old bollocks.....Why don't you try to put something down constructive, so we can all find out what you're view of the trade is and what YOU would like to see changed.

Or is that beyond you capablities, which I've heard through the grapevine it is!!!!

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Shameless

LAC
The biggest change I would like to see is line managers discussing things that may be of some relevance to the career management of their subordinates rather than simply trying to justify their own reason for being.

Y

You Can Call Me Al

highlight for me was the abundance of Jammy Dodgers
All in all 'bollocks' (sic)
usual load of old bollocks !
Hey Guys (and Gals) you ARE discusing a FOM seminar here - what did you expect?

Shameless:
I would like to see is line managers discussing things that may be of some relevance to the career management of their subordinates

Poor, deluded young soul...

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

I

insideinfoman

Ahh welcome back Al

Well said!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the Dining-in Night last Friday?

Y

You Can Call Me Al

Dining-in night ... what dining-in night?

You haven't seen me right!

S

Standards

Insidebloke

Insidebloke

You are on leave man! Leave it!

Standards!

I

insideinfoman

No stand down!!!!

Al - Sitting quite close to actualy ;);)

General Slim

Minor - Under16
insideinfoman said:
Ahh welcome back Al

Well said!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the Dining-in Night last Friday?

Stop sucking up to him, after all he is not in your chain of command !

I

insideinfoman

Go and read the TMT 2 post and act accordingly.

Unlike you so it would seem at least I have manners and can be polite people which is more than I can say about you

:pDT_Xtremez_25:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Give the 'handbags' a rest

Give the 'handbags' a rest

HEY!!!! - If there's going to be a 'handbags' session, take it over to fight club..

I

insideinfoman

Nah.........................no handbag fights. More important things to get on with, than waste my time on Slim

W

What's the bloody point?

Shameless said:
The biggest change I would like to see is line managers discussing things that may be of some relevance to the career management of their subordinates rather than simply trying to justify their own reason for being.

Having been introduced to this thing last week, I thought that I would give it a go. In for a penny in for a pound and all of that.

Well, having read through a large amount of written drivel I find it quite the interesting thing that the only post (as I believe that such things are called) which had a direct and positive input has had no reply or mention. There are, however, those that highlight and cement the very point mentioned above by entering into a shambolic side show of petty bitching and squabbling.

The point above is, quite clearly, the one that needs discussing at length. Not the trivial point scoring exercise that the, self concieved, more experienced members seem to be engaged in.

Last edited:
V

Vladimir

This is not a forum for adults, it is a school playground. If my 10 and 14 year-old children were to behave in the manner that individuals have in this and other threads, I would tell them to grow up and start acting their age. Yet again a thread on this forum degenerates into infantile stupidity. Let's take a closer look at things. Once again the FOM Seminar turns out to be nothing more than an exercise in self-aggrandisement and self-justification, attended, in the main, by individuals with no discernible talents or skills. They then return to their places of work and are so deluded that they believe that the discussions they have had are i/ worthy of note, ii/ relevant, and iii/ likely to achieve anything. Sad to say, but too large a proportion of individuals in this trade are talentless fools ill-suited to any form of decision making or considered opinion, hence the quality of the threads.
That is, of course, IMHO.
TTFN :)

Last edited:
Y

You Can Call Me Al

Jeeez - that's told us!

Just as well the AFCO don't make potential recruits do a SOH test alongside the other tests!

:pDT_Xtremez_35:

(PS when the handbags start swinging just duck out of the way!)

Last edited:
T

The Controller

Vladimir...
a proportion of individuals in this trade are talentless fools ill-suited to any form of decision making or considered opinion

Have we met?:eek:

Shameless

LAC
Vladimir said:
Once again the FOM Seminar turns out to be nothing more than an exercise in self-aggrandisement and self-justification, attended, in the main, by individuals with no discernible talents or skills.

Certainly no discernible talent for public speaking.