• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FOM Seminar - Waddington

W

What's the bloody point?

Once again points are being made which throw open the opportunity for people to argue against developing subordinates in the trade. The very fact that no one seems willing nor, indeed, able to put forward a case for what they are doing to enhance the future of, not just the trade, but the RAF as a whole indicates that there is a cancer within middle management which sees only to further their own needs, often, it has to be said, above the needs of people who could benefit from some constructive guidance.

I challenge those in a position to make a difference to do exactly that. If you remain in the trench worried about exposing your own frailties, what is that going to engender in those who work under you? They will see that you are unwilling to risk your own neck to benefit people other than yourself. A potentially perilous work ethic when teamwork is of the utmost importance to the running of a military organisation.

I would like to think that people could put aside talk of dining in nights, late drinks and the ilk and see if something of a constructive nature could be spoken about.

Y

You Can Call Me Al

What's the bloody point?

I would like to think that people could put aside talk of dining in nights, late drinks and the ilk and see if something of a constructive nature could be spoken about.
- I, and all of my work colleagues, are at the sharp end of doing all of the things you apparently think are not done or done inadequately. We take great care to instil in 'our subordinates' what is expected of them and what they, in turn, can expect.

indicates that there is a cancer within middle management which sees only to further their own needs, often, it has to be said, above the needs of people who could benefit from some constructive guidance.
- If you have witnessed this at first hand - what have you done about it? Or are you just happy just to whinge on here?

I challenge those in a position to make a difference to do exactly that
- I am, and I do.

Do you?