• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FOA Cse 1000 - What no milestone celebration

I

insideinfoman

I believe that insideinfoman was one of the first !

Ah but I do remember going to your graduation, so that puts you ahead of me

Also I so hope that Wilma doesn't have "hands-on" (so to speak) dealing with the students as they have no or little skill in that department if they get up-tight on here......or perhaps they are in the Officer Corp......mmmmmm that figures thinking about it.

Anyway I look forward to meeting Wilma and all other ex-instructors, if I get an invite :pDT_Xtremez_15:

:pDT_Xtremez_28:

See you all soon

Sandbag

LAC
We were definitely AATCs when I went through in Nov 1972.

It was so long ago that I do not remember the course number though, now where are my slippers and warm milk.:pDT_Xtremez_26:

A

Arty Monitors

So to celebrate Course 1000, there's a TTF instructors reunion, but others can come if they really want to. Sounds a blast; but I'll make a note in my social diary, to wash my hair that night., TTF now! :pDT_Xtremez_14:

TTF Reunion to Mark 1000 FOAC Graduation

TTF Reunion to Mark 1000 FOAC Graduation

Number 1000 Flight Operations Assistants Course will graduate from RAF Shawbury on 9 July 2009. To mark this momentous event a reunion for ex TTF staff and students will be held following the graduation ceremony. The event will consist of an ‘open house’ in TTF from 1400 – 1700 to view static displays, simulators and demos by current students followed by an evening social with food and entertainment. If you are interested in attending and require further information and a registration form please email military shy-ttf-reunion or civilian foac1000ttfreunion@hotmail.com or contact CATCS Admin on 01939 250351 Ext 7281 or 95531-7281.

I

insideinfoman

Just heard a rumour that a couple of ex-instructors of questionable backgrounds have had invites sent to them and that the current WO TG9 is still waiting to hear/have an invite sent to them? Is this true?

I must say that it is poor skills not to invite someone of that standing in the trade to the re-union or even the graduation of Course 1000 and it is making some people wonder whether it is worth coming at all, or has rumour control got it wrong? If so then I apologise and this can removed.

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Chaka

Sergeant
Just heard a rumour that a couple of ex-instructors of questionable backgrounds have had invites sent to them and that the current WO TG9 is still waiting to hear/have an invite sent to them? Is this true?

Yes it's true, I got my invite last week............don't worry Insidelegman, yours will be along soon!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:
A

Arty Monitors

Just heard a rumour that the current WO TG9 is still waiting to hear/have an invite sent to them? Is this true?

You just couldn't make this stuff up could you? großes Ei auf dem Gesicht if you ask me.

:pDT_Xtremez_14:

W

What's the bloody point?

I must say that it is poor skills not to invite someone of that standing in the trade to the re-union or even the graduation of Course 1000 and it is making some people wonder whether it is worth coming at all, or has rumour control got it wrong? If so then I apologise and this can removed.

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

I mentioned this a couple of weeks ago and my post was removed!

Probably a bug I am sure!

I

Itsadryoldwatch

Ex instructor with questionable background here

Ex instructor with questionable background here

Just heard a rumour that a couple of ex-instructors of questionable backgrounds have had invites sent to them.....

Afternoon evereyone, I guess I'm probably one of the 'ex-instructors of questionable backgrounds' (in fact I know I am!) having left TTF in 1996 and subsequently the air force in 97. (That'll narrow it down)
I let the powers that be know who I was and why I left TTF when I first enquired about the reunion but was sent an invite nevertheless. However, if anyone is concerned about 'inappropriate invites' being sent out then rest assured that, in my particular case, my invitation has now been withdrawn.
I can't appologise to those concerned in person but, if I could, I certainly would have done so at the reunion.
I just wanted to post this message to wish everyone who manages to get back to TTF all of the very best and I sincerely hope that everyone has a great time.
Oh well, back to the wilderness then.

Last edited:

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
Number 1000 Flight Operations Assistants Course will graduate from RAF Shawbury on 9 July 2009. To mark this momentous event a reunion for ex TTF staff and students will be held following the graduation ceremony. The event will consist of an ‘open house’ in TTF from 1400 – 1700 to view static displays, simulators and demos by current students followed by an evening social with food and entertainment. If you are interested in attending and require further information and a registration form please email military shy-ttf-reunion or civilian foac1000ttfreunion@hotmail.com or contact CATCS Admin on 01939 250351 Ext 7281 or 95531-7281.

This looks like an open invite......

A

Arty Monitors

Open invite as may be, but surely etiquette decree’s that the trade hierarchy receive a personal invite?

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Ops geek, you have to assume that they are on here to read the invite. I thought a bit of protocol would have been observed on this one.

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
SSH

This event has not just been advertised on here but also in various other forms including letters to PFOMS. After speaking to the event co'ordinator today, I have been informed that WO TG9 is in the loop.

D

Donald Rumsfeld

I was at TTF/FOTF 2001-2005 and did a great job of organising Cse 900 (even though I say it myself) and as of to day have not recieved any official invite, admittley one of the old hands at Shawbury has kept me informed so I am aware of it. But one does feel slightly annoyed that nothing has arrived in the post as yet. How about you info man, bloody point and salty helmet ?
Well off to Glastonbury tonight - good luck to all of Cse 1000 !

SirSaltyHelmet

Thoroughly Nice Chap
Ops geek please don't take this personally but I would have thought that every WO TG9, every ex boss (as much as it grieves me) and every ex SI should have had a personal invite and not an email sent out to all PFOMs. I know you could be "thinking well organise the damn thing yourself" but it is my toopeneth and I beleive many people on here think the same. This thing is an open invite, but I personally think it would have been better to email certain people individually.